1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Problems with mymagazine.co.uk call centre and website re. subscription

Discussion in 'AP Magazine Feedback & Suggestions' started by Chester AP, Apr 30, 2020.

1. William Parker

William Parker Well-Known Member

I have not had my magazine for 4th July apparently the payment has not been taken. I have told my wife who pays the sub as a present not to bother enquiring and to stop any further payments, so Kelsey have lost a customer.

2. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

An update to #38 re. Kelsey's replacement of a lost issue.

The missing original copy, allegedly posted the previous Friday, arrived this Friday. So delivery took 7 days, which is my worst ever delay for a copy that eventually arrived (i.e. merely delayed rather than lost forever).

The replacement issue I requested on Wednesday arrived on Saturday along with different back copy I had not requested. So the helpful lady at Kelsey did as I requested, which I appreciate, although the second (different) issue also sent is a mystery.

The latest issue did not arrive on Saturday, and I optimistically await its arrival some day later this week

Somebody at Kelsey need to ask the Royal Mail what is going wrong with the service that the subscribers pay for (I am not aware of delays to any other postal deliveries to my address).

3. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

^
    Not just Kelsey having issues with Royal Mail
    As well as AP I also subscribe to another weekly magazine. That should drop through the letterbox every Wednesday. Over the past couple of years, the occasions when it is delivered on a Thursday or even Friday have increased significantly.

Last Saturday was my mum's birthday. I posted my card first class but it took 2 days to travel about 18 miles to her. My younger daughter posted her card on Thursday first class and it wasn't delivered until this Tuesday, 5 days to travel about 35 miles. The post has been pretty dire for a good few years, not just covid-19 that can be used to blame Royal Mail for a general deterioration in their standards of service..... and it's not as if we live in the countryside, miles from anyone else. We're all in the fairly densely populated south-east, within 30 miles of Heathrow airport

4. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

5. Nigel_Atherton

Nigel_Atherton Group Editor

I presume that the reason for your cancellation is due to more than just not getting your 4th July copy on time?

6. IvorETower

This is actually quite shocking...
    I noted last week when I posted my mum's birthday card that the only collection from the box on a main road nearest my home has now changed from about 4:15pm to 9:30am or thereabouts. this is now explained by the target of delivering the day after collecting from the postbox;by collecting early in the morning, they effectively give themselves 2 days to deliver first class mail, instead of having to do it overnight (sigh)

I try to avoid posting anything that is going to end up overnight in the post box awaiting collection. By making the only collection of the day so early in the morning, it effectively means that urgent stuff has to be posted first-thing in the day for next day delivery. I'll have to check the post box in the centre of town next time I go there

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Yeah well. If companies use (and charge for) couriers for stuff that fits through the letter box it doesn’t help the post. I suppose also that buying stamps more or less stopped during lock down.

8. IvorETower

Well, I made it on the bike this afternoon. Turned out to be very pleasant weather for a gentle afternoon expedition
    AP-TI01.JPG AP-TI02.JPG AP-TI03.JPG

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Private eye has been arriving reliably but that is sent first class.
    Radio times normally arrives Tuesday by second class. Just occasionally it is a day or two late.
    AP is variable. Recently I've even had occasional Saturday deliveries like we used to. More often than not Monday or Tuesday. This week it still hasn't come.
    I don't know when BJP is meant to arrive so I don't know when it is late.

10. Learning

The issue that I expected to arrive a few days ago arrived today. Hopefully there will be another on Monday or Tuesday.

11. Learning

AP Issue date 8th August arrived this morning and has overtaken AP Issue 1st August. Radio times which was expected today did not arrive.
    RM works in mysterious ways.

12. Richard Birchall

Richard Birchall New Member

Since the second week of July, I have not received any updates on my iPad. There is a message saying that there is a new app but it is the only app of many my iPad which will not update itself or reinstall. Messages sent to any of the contacts given for Customer Service etc, even the editor himself, have not received a reply. There is clearly a problem with the digital version, which cannot be blamed on the postal service. I do not wish to unsubscribe but there will be no alternative if the service is not restored. Surely there are many others in the same position?

13. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

I get my digital edition through Amazon partly due to the price. There were some problems at the time of the sale to Kelsey but it has now settled down although there is a 2 day delay.

14. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Be warned that if you abandon the digital edition and subscribe to the paper edition instead, the reliability of its delivery has also worsened in recent months. The previous publisher posted copies so that they usually arrived on Saturday, or perhaps Monday if you dare to live in a rural area like me. The new publisher posts copies on Friday (second class), presumably in the naive belief that copies will arrive on Monday. My copies now usually arrive on Tuesday or (as this week) Wednesday, so I now call Kelsey after Wednesday's post if my copy had not arrived. I have now had to do this twice since they took over, most recently last week. The replacement arrived today, exactly one week after I called them. It's a bit like the old joke about waiting for a bus - you wait a long time and then two arrive at the same time.

I would be prepared to pay a bit more to have copies sent first class, or be offered the choice of second (as now) or first, but assume this would impossible to organise. Perhaps the real problem is that copies are now posted later by Kelsey than by the previous publishers. If a camera manufacturer had downgraded its customer service and customers told AP about it, AP might report on it...

15. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I think Saturday deliveries were suspended. Mine now usually arrives Tuesday, this week yesterday. I’ll be able to read it tomorrow because everything paper through the letterbox gets a 48 hour quarantine in this house. Kelsey did a good job of replacing an undelivered copy. The original and replacement arrived in the same post so the non arrival wasn’t Kelsey’s fault.

16. davidh

davidh Well-Known Member

Mine arrives anywhere between Saturday and Thursday thesedays, however, I have noticed that Kelsey offer a free digital version (at the moment) to paper subscribers.
    Go here https://help.kelsey.co.uk/support/solutions/articles/77000271470-current-impact-of-covid-19 and https://help.kelsey.co.uk/support/s...71389-how-to-access-your-digital-subscription

17. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I do my main shop on Thursdays and, on the way back, drop by WHSmith. They usually have it on the shelves and if it looks interesting, I buy a copy.