1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prints with Borders

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Emmadw, Jun 18, 2001.

1. Emmadw

Emmadw Member

I recently had some films processed in High Street 1 hour labs in Australia - and one option that they offered was with a white border - which I rather liked.
    Does any one know if it is possible to get them with borders in the UK?

2. linnet9

linnet9 Well-Known Member

www.internetcamerasdirect.co.uk
    can supply. Thanks for the idea for I think I should like borders. I was about to order, so I'll let you know how it goes.
    There is interesting info on the site and I have found them very accommodating and efficient, Janice

3. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Snappy Snaps (yes, I know it's a crap name, but they're one of the best) offer white borders, the other advantage being you get a full frame print.
    Clive

4. linnet9

Please let me have their (web?) address Clive, Janice

5. Emmadw

Emmadw Member

Thanks for this Janice; however am I right in thinking that this service is just for digital images - not film?

As for the snappy snaps there web address is http://www.snappysnaps.co.uk/ (I did a search on them - unfortunately for me they don't seem to have a postal service and the nearest shop is rather far away!)

6. linnet9

Thanks Emma. Sorry I was confused. The thought of having to go to a local shop really would depress me. I hope you find what you are looking for, Janice

7. jason williams

jason williams New Member

The only processor that I am aware of, other than hand printed options by pro developers, is ILFORD. In the UK you can by the pre-envelopes over the counter at most good camera shops or cheaper over the internet 7dayshop.com.

I like the borders too!

8. David Stout

David Stout Well-Known Member

Borders come and borders go.

We like to have something different. I remember every print having a white border years ago and then suddenly the 'in thing' was borderless prints. Now it seems the white border is making a return.

In actual fact, the best way to show off a colour print is with a black border but to my knowledge this has never been offered.

With digital, I like prints that have white borders but a thin black keyline around the image - easy in Photoshop.

David

9. Clive

Clive Well-Known Member

Ooh, David - haven't found how to do the border (keyline) in Photoshop, except by blacking in a selection and can't always get it equal all way round.
    <font color=red>#