1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Printing to vinyl

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Dorset_Mike, Jan 27, 2020.

1. Dorset_Mike

Dorset_Mike Grumpy Old Fart

I need to print to self adhesive vinyl; for normal printing I usually use an OKI colour laser, however methinks the fuser would probably melt the vinyl, which would not do the fuser much good either; so I bought a cheap HP ink jet. Just tried printing to the vinyl and find that the ink remains wet and thus liable to smear; any ideas or suggestions, will the ink dry given time.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Not a clue but Google search suggests that self adhesive clear vinyl sheets exclusive to inkjet printers do exist, further that inkjet ink doesn’t stick to vinyl sheets intended for laserjet use

3. Gezza

Gezza Well-Known Member

4. Dorset_Mike

Catriona likes this.
  5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I thought you wanted to use this inkjet you bought in order to not risk your laser jet ?

6. Dorset_Mike

As the polyester is being sold for use in laser printers, then if things should suffer a "melt down" then I should have a claim against the supplier