1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poundland Agfa Vista 200

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by AlexMonro, Apr 30, 2014.

1. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

There's been some discussion on here and other forums over the last month or two about how Poundland seemed to be out of stock of the cheap but good value Agfa Vista 200 in various locations up and down the country. However, in the Exeter Sidwell St branch today, it was back in stock (although I could only find 24 exposure rolls, none of the sprinkling of 36s that they have had before).

So for anyone who's been disappointed in not being able to find any recently, now might be time to have a look again. It's usually on a shelf near the blank DVDs and phone cases.

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

In the Wood Green Poundland, it is known as the 'Entertainment Section'.

V. appropriate. :D

3. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

Yay !! At LAST Brentwood Poundland in Essex has it near the DVD's, 24 Exposure cassettes only. Saw it today.

4. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

Lots in the Monks Cross (York) shop as well. No 36 exposures though.

5. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Yet to be spotted in Oxford...

Adrian

6. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Hope you got my message in the Film Camera thread , Alex .

I went to Inverness last week and enquired about the Agfa Vista 200 , - they didn't have any , but said that they would put as many as I liked aside for me the very next day [ when I had gone home ! ] , but luckily enough , our Daughter lives there now and picked them up for me [ 20 rolls ] .
    Woohoo !![​IMG]

7. 0lybacker

Nobody popping in, then, to post that 'Film is dead' ..... :confused:

Am not gloating.

Just a mere observation.

:D:eek:

8. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

Film isn't dead, it's just used by a bunch of latter day luddites and technophobes:)

9. 0lybacker

Apparently, vinyl has now clocked up its eighth consecutive year of increased sales and people - including hip, tech savvy, digitised young ones - are buying new turntables. ;)

I walked past a shop about three weeks back and couldn't figure out why crowds of people were queueing outside. Then I noticed it was the record shop. I was still puzzled but guessed it could be because a new game for X box/PS-wotsits had been launched. Or, maybe, the shop was selling tickets for a local live gig.

Just over a week later, courtesy of BBC R4's 'You & Yours', I discovered it was part of a national vinyl record sale event

10. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

It had better be dead, I drowned it in chemicals the other day...

[​IMG]

11. steveandthedogs

I'll bet they weren't wind-ups with blackthorn needles.
    Best thing that ever happened to music was the invention of the CD and mp3.

12. AlexMonro

On the same trip into town when I saw the Agfa, I also bought a latest model DSLR - Pentax K3. So I've got feet firmly in both camps... :)

Now puzzling over the way that some things seem to be done differently to my old K20D, and marvelling how AF works in light so dim I can hardly see the subject!

I also used a Vito B in town. Sunny 16 + a stop for the shadows, zone focus 20' at f/16, frame & click.

I know which was simpler, and more fun, but I also know which would get better pictures in low light.

13. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Having spent the morning trying to decide which film to stick the camera, it would appear that Vista Plus 200 is repackaged Fuji, usually either C200 (marked with the code CA24) or Superia (marked with the code CA23).

Now, just to be awkward, mine is marked with the code CP24. Does anyone know what this is, or where I can find out what it is? I've tried Google, but I get nothing.

14. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Does it matter?

15. surf_digby

surf_digby Well-Known Member

Well..... yes. What an odd thing to ask.

I'm off for a couple of weeks R&R tomorrow, and I need something to stick in the old Olympus. If it's a lesser quality film (at one point they were using repackaged Ferrania, which doesn't have very favourable reviews). If CP24 turns out to be something with poor colours, then I'll keep it in the box and use it for testing cameras with, and pick myself something reputable up in the morning.

16. AlexMonro

I thought the results I was getting from Vista looked rather like Fuji, and checking a few sets of negs shows they are CA23 and CA24.

I haven't found any of my negs that are CP24, so I can't give a definitive answer, but it seems possible that given that it's a similar style of code number, it may well also originate from Fuji.

Obvious suggestion - try it and see (and let us know what it looks like - any clues in the markings on the box could be helpful, too!)

17. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

The boxes are marked Made in Japan, presumably if the material proved to be sourced from 3M/Ferrania it would be from Italy.

18. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Ah, so it can be anything can it. I thought you meant it was all rebadged fuji.

I just spent 30 mins looking for some 120 film. I was abroad for 5 years and didn't take my Bronica with me and am quite shocked to see how the choice has narrowed - I used to use Reala but seems it is no more and the choice is basically Kodak for landscape or revert to FP4!

19. steveandthedogs

Or Rollei, Adox, Foma, Fuji

Must say, I like the Rolleis

S

20. Skyehammer

Skyehammer Well-Known Member

Just been rummaging through the Agfa Film I bought from Poundland and was pleased to discover that there were some 400 in amongst the batch of 200 I received . All made in Japan .
    Not had any developed yet , but if they come out as good as Fuji Superia I'll be very pleased .