1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Potentially Good Horizon on BBC at nine pm.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Learning, Jan 21, 2020.

1. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Chris Packham on population. Don't expect too much; he chickened out on solutions. Even so, there should be plenty to discus in its aftermath.

2. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Watching it now. Soylent Green is the answer. I think that would wipe out about 99% of this forum though. :D

MJB likes this.
  3. Learning

Soylent green was defeatist in that it accepted the need for such a product.
    Some nasty government's nasty lab is probably already working working on a pandemic causing disease with carefully crafted characteristics. They will have a very effective vaccine but the distribution of that would be very restricted to those considered worthy of such protection.

4. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Coronavirus anyone? Could it/they be man-made?

5. Learning

Not the present one. The characterises are not ideal.

6. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

My feelings on organ donation and IVF remain unchanged.

My feelings on hoovers may have :eek:.

7. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Oh dear, oh dear! Sterilisation programmes ... they were still being employed on some people until fairly recently!

8. miked

miked Well-Known Member

And on camels, as we were once informed: "Mind yer thumbs!"

John Farrell likes this.
  9. Learning

I might have been wrong about that. It seems that infected people can be passing on the virus for up to two weeks before symptoms.
    It still might not be the big one because the fatality of victims is still low. Lets see how it mutates having crossed a species divide.
    On the issue of should we evacuate Brits. No Its far too late. A lock down is a lock down. Fortunately in this case the Chinese capability of acting drastically is spot on.