1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Own: Black & White

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood likes this.
  3. Ascu75 AKA Don Wood

Ascu75 AKA Don Wood Well-Known Member

They will certainly have some great opportunities for magical shots if the one you listed are anything to go by

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

5. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

Great set of pictures Mike, I have been working on York Way all week and thought about exploring the Coal Drops but never got around to it, after a day on site in the heat I've just wanted to go home and cool down.

6. RovingMike

Yes they are.

7. RovingMike

I probably nearly bumped into you. Do get round there with a camera. I like the fact it is still a WIP, so the pictures are anchored in place and time.

zx9r likes this.
  8. PeteRob

Tx. I've got some shots of them at night taken from the Lighterman. The light show is nice.

RovingMike likes this.
  9. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

This is just a quick snap I took on a test roll in the K1000 on my way to a site meeting two weeks ago.
    [​IMG]Kings Cross Coal Drops #1 2021-06-14-0027edit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    We now have a week off site until second fix begins on the 28th so may well drop in on the 25th to check progress / drop off equipment then take a walk around the Coal Drops.

Dan S and RovingMike like this.
  10. RovingMike

I'll be there with my group on Sunday 4th.

11. RovingMike

Dan S and steveandthedogs like this.
  12. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

13. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Steve Hayto, Zou, alfbranch and 3 others like this.
  14. Steve Hayto

Steve Hayto Well-Known Member

Life can be Sh!t DSCF7133-800.jpg

Unexplained Behavior DSCF7139-800.jpg

Dan S likes this.
  15. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

Well I had a look around after the meeting this morning but could not get my head into photo mode, took a few but they are all er not very good and mostly not of the Coal Drops.
    [​IMG]IMG_0772BWedit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_0741BWedit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_0755BWedit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_0761BWEdit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    [​IMG]IMG_0776BWedit by Keith Hudson, on Flickr
    Feeling a big lack of love for the EOSM and missing having an eye level viewfinder, I think I can see a M50 in the near future.

RovingMike and Dan S like this.
  16. PeteRob

Who changed the colour of the building in the background ?

[​IMG]DSCF2171.jpg by Pete, on Flickr

Steve Hayto and Dan S like this.
  17. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

That would be Mr. red filter in PS, trying to get some contrast on an overcast morning. :)

18. PeteRob

OK, I obviously didn’t run through as many filter options as I thought I did. It was a quick find as I packed up last night. I think the gasometer apartments there are an inspired bit of design.

19. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

The gasometers are a great way of keeping and re purposing a well known land mark and I like how they have kept the third one as an all be it deflated reminder of how they looked when in use.
    For Northerners returning home they were on a par with the Archway bridge as a sign that you are leaving London, I just wish more gasometers could have been re purposed around the country but I imagine it is a very expensive option.

20. PeteRob

Yes must be very expensive to maintain them. I guess few had a solid cast iron frame with potential for long life.