1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Your Own: Black & White

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by EightBitTony, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Zou, miked, Steve Hayto and 5 others like this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Steve Hayto, miked and Dan S like this.
  3. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Album cover shot. Love it.

4. miked

miked Well-Known Member

RovingMike likes this.
  5. Steve Hayto

Steve Hayto Well-Known Member

took a little wander around Staines see what I could find. Staines isnt very big but theres always lots of folk milling around

DSCF4611-800ap.jpg

DSCF4872-800ap.jpg

DSCF4900-800ap.jpg

Dan S, miked and RovingMike like this.
  6. RovingMike

Did you see the kid peeping through the hole?

7. RovingMike

Dan S likes this.
  8. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Yup. That just made the image work so well.

9. dream_police

Sat on the patio late this afternoon and saw the moon in the middle of the contrail. By the time I had got the camera it had moved a bit. Press the shutter to get the message that there was no memory card in it. By the time I got the card it was even further away! Thought it would suit a B&W shot rather than the lovely blue that it was.

[​IMG]Moon and Contrail by Nigel G, on Flickr

10. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

Thanks Nige, I think you are right, I just need to convince the rest of the band

11. Dan S

Dan S Well-Known Member

12. RovingMike

Dan S, miked and steveandthedogs like this.
  13. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

What the heck is the first shot of?

14. RovingMike

Very interesting guy living in an ornately and idiosyncratically furnished and decorated van on Brighton seafront, down where the bikers go. He gets in by pulling himself up on that rope. I asked him if the design was basically Steam Punk, but he said no, just whatever he feels like. Wish I'd had more time with him.

Dan S and miked like this.
  15. dream_police

What's it like in colour?

16. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Thanks for the explanation - I was really struggling to imagine what it would be. A van for living in never occurred. I thought he was a workman on some project.

17. RovingMike

Looks nothing on the outside, apart from a few bits. I didn't get a wide shot of it:

[​IMG]P4180642 by Mike Longhurst, on Flickr

18. dream_police

Thanks. I was half expecting it to be a bit more colourful. I think I might get furry doors for my van.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

What did you get? Proper camper with wash/toilet etc. or just a VW camper lifestyle machine? We'd love to have the flexibility of a proper camper but the £££ is just too much.

20. dream_police

It is a VW T6 LWB with a pop up roof. Kitchen, hob, oven, sink etc, bed downstairs, one in the roof. No toilet or shower. Very nicely done. It is a new conversion but not a new van. We had been talking about it since before I retired and we were thinking of the full size motorhomes. Parking it up in storage, cost, the actual getting around in it put us off. Friends of ours have recently bought a SWB T6 and we had a look so decided now was the time.
    It can be parked on the drive without an issue, they are not huge and we have a driveaway awning/tent for it so we can park on a site, leave the awning behind and then travel for the day if we want to. We intend using it to travel through Europe when we can. So far we have booked 3 nights in May near Whitby, 4 nights in Devon in June and then a week on the IOW beginning of July with those friends and their van. looking forward to it. The good thing is, they hold their prices really well, so if we decide in a year or 2 that it was a waste of time and money, we probably wouldn't lose a massive amount.
    I'll post some pics when I get it in 2 weeks.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2021
    Steve Hayto, RovingMike and Zou like this.