1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Possible entry for Black and White?

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by chrisevans, Oct 2, 2015.

1. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 2, 2015
  2. luisport

luisport Well-Known Member

First time I ever hear a question like this :rolleyes: Certainly it probably would, if some of the folk around here were the judges, with the proper ratio cropping.
    Cheers,
    Luis

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes, but knock his hat back, you don't want the eye going straight there.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Yes, but knock his hat back just a tad, you don't want the eye going straight there.

5. Johnski

Johnski Active Member

Awesome lighting - My eyes go to Physique first, then search his eyes then go to phone. The hat doesn't concern me.

Wish I could shoot like this!

6. Derek_R

Derek_R Well-Known Member

Would get my vote. Very nice shot.

Quick q. to Luis - ratio cropping? I like the composition as is. I'm forever cropping my shots to whatever I feel fits the image best - is this a bad habit?

7. chrisevans

chrisevans Well-Known Member

Thanks guy's for taking time to feed back. All positive help.

8. Ednewbie

Ednewbie Well-Known Member

Interesting photo. I like it as it is. Good luck with it.

9. Ffolrord

Ffolrord Well-Known Member

I find the hat too close to the top of the frame. But the overall look is excellent. Might be a bit marmite with the homoerotic look, but that will have many fans. It is certainly striking and well worth a go.

10. PhilW

PhilW Well-Known Member

Hat too hot as Mike has said. Would be better with a bit more on his face (not too much, just enough to lift it from a black pit)

11. Gemlou

Gemlou Well-Known Member

My eyes went towards the abs first.

The most distracting thing after that is the jeans, because he looks like he's just finished a run in some fairly tight jeans.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2015