1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Portraiture

Discussion in 'Talking Pictures' started by Geren, Feb 9, 2020.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

No but Mike's attempts at lifting the whiteness in the eyes has left them looking dead and alien like. A note of caution to all others who try this.

RovingMike likes this.
  2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

I think it was they had to hold the pose so long while I worked out the exposure ;)

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. Craig20264

Craig20264 Well-Known Member

I do practically zero portraiture, but these three are probably my favorites. Taken at a family wedding. A shared moment in time between mother and daughter. They are a tad soft but I really didn't have time to faff about as I could see what was about to happen when mum whisked her up into her arms. I just pointed, zoomed and clicked. I'm glad I did though, and so was mum when she saw them.

Grace-1-web.jpg

Grace-2-web.jpg

Grace-3-web.jpg

4. Stephen Rundle

Stephen Rundle Well-Known Member

I have done a few NONE setup ALL casual on the spot "snaps"

Though I was interviewing Theo for Classic Cars Magazine I must admit

Dsc_3050.jpg DSC_8414.jpg DSC_8514.jpg Dsc_8778.jpg
    dragon.jpg
    Portrait of an Astronomer.jpg

Dan S, Learning and RovingMike like this.
  5. Stephen Rundle

I like casual shots rather than staged :)

6. Stephen Rundle

I think this is (in my opinion) the most terrible thing to do to yourself, but she was so lovely AND quiet.

Taken on the spur of the moment in London, I live with a sincere regret that I never took her address to send here a copy, to this day.

tattoo.jpg

RovingMike likes this.
  7. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

8. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I remember when Hockney first pointed that out. And demonstrated it by doing a painting in the same way on a TV programme.

Brian Sewell went ballistic. He was VERY rude about Hockney. :eek:

9. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

Brian Sewell did not have to go ballistic to be very rude to artists. He made his living being very rude to artists. I found him very entertaining.

10. Learning

Learning Ethelred the Ill-Named

There are snaps and there are opportunities well taken on the fly. I especially like the well framed picture in a picture (frame 3). All are very attractive. Even Patrick Moore almost looks friendly, tolerant of being photographed,may I say.