1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Poll - If you haven’t gone mirrorless yet, what’s holding you back?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Jul 26, 2017.

1. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Dear Peter,

Frances says: "At my age, with the chemotherapy, I've gone mirrorless because I don't want to look in the mirror".

Cheers,

R.

Trannifan, RogerMac and peterba like this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Roger, it's good that she has managed to retain a sense of humour, even if that humour can be - understandably - a little dark.

Please extend my best wishes to Frances, for a full and speedy recovery.

3. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Roger

Incidentally for the purpose of this thread are you counting your Liecas among the mirrorless cameras? If so I believe that you went mirrorless a long time ago

Bye the bye please send my sympathies to Francis, I know several people who have had chemotherapy recently and it really is horrid

Roger

4. Roger Hicks

Dear Peter,

Thank'ee kindly.

Cheers,

R.

5. Roger Hicks

Dear Roger,

First para: A difficult point. For me, real cameras have real-time viewfinders, whether direct or reflex, rather than vomit-inducing electronic finders.

Second para: Thank'ee kindly. Next Thursday is the beginning of the fourth three-week cycle of chemo (first week big with three products, then two small with just the one product) out of (we hope) six cycles: 18 weeks, or 20-22 with the occasional week off when her blood counts are too low.

Then, with any luck, a mastectomy in good time for her birthday...

I fall in love easily. Always have. But I've been in love with Frances for 36 years: over half our lives. The only other person I've fallen seriously in love with since then is the daughter of an old friend, who is now deceased; but I fell in love with her (and am still in love with her) as a daughter, not a girlfriend . Frances and I are hoping to adopt her next year, even though she is 27 (we met her when she was 12, born on my 40th birthday -- we were living on different continents when she was born). We joke that she's 90% daughter, 5% twin, and 5% girlfriend. If we'd met when we were both 22 I'm pretty sure I'd have asked her to marry me by now. But as we've discussed, what does than mean? When I was 22, in 1972, or when she was 22, in 2012? And when I was recovering from a 4-year relationship (1972 again), or happily married?

She and I are both writers, so we discuss such things. She and Frances and I have travelled as a family (the three of us) and we've all been told how much she looks like one or the other of us (usually like Frances).

Cheers,

R.

6. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

I have been mirrorless for about 4 years and I am happy with it. An OVF in a low end DSLR ain't that great. I can live without the size an weight of a DSLR with a decent OVF.

RogerMac likes this.
  7. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I suspect we all could. On the other hand I quite like dragging one or more of my full frame dSLRs around on occassion. Other times I'll take the M43 outfit or even just my pocket Sony. Choice is one of the spices of my photographic life. ;)

alfbranch and RogerMac like this.
  8. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

It would indeed be a sad world if we all wanted the same camera.

alfbranch likes this.
  9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

........and answer came there none.................

Lynn

10. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

It was only five months ago:).

There are answers, they may not necessarily apply in your case though.