1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Poll - How often do you use the camera on your phone?

Discussion in 'Smartphone photography' started by Debbi, Aug 13, 2013.

1. Nick_O_ Larse

Nick_O_ Larse Active Member

Pretty much use mine every day. There is a fairly good camera on my Galaxy S4. I generally use it to make a quick record shot if I come across something I think would make a good 'proper' picture, so that I can return to it at a later time with the kit needed to get the shot I saw/recorded with the phone.

2. Bawbee

Bawbee Well-Known Member

You're kidding, yes? If not, what good idea :cool:

3. Cuthbert

Cuthbert Well-Known Member

I'd have to say less than once a week, but generally not out of desperation, and normally because there is some feature on the phone camera that my normal cameras don't have.

The times I usually use my phone's camera are...

If I need to record a timetable, map, list, or other such information that I'll need to refer to (quicker to do that on my phone that to try to access the information on-line) - could do it with my normal camera, but after I've taken 50 more pictures, needs lots of scrolling back to find the information, and after I've taken 150 more, swapping of memory cards to find it!

If I see something that I think is amusing/interesting enough to upload to Facebook straight away, or to send as picture message - if I'm out and about, my phone's camera is the only device that I can upload data from.

If I have a sudden need to see round corners (e.g. if I need the serial number off the work asset tag on my computer). My phone is very small and light (an ancient Sony Ericsson W995) and seemingly indestructable so easy to poke into tight spaces.

4. {45177}

{45177} In the Stop Bath

All the time - on the basis that it is not the bit of kit, but the person behind it that makes the picture. My phone is nothing special, but has allowed me to take good pictures, as long as you understand and work within its limits.

5. Richard Sibley

Richard Sibley AP Deputy Editor

I use mine everyday - from taking photos as notes or reminders, to recording moments when I don't have a camera to hand.

Often I will take a shot as a record of a location. If I come across somewhere I wish to return to and photograph at a certain time of day to catch some nice light, I will take a snapshot on my phone. The image contains the GPS location, so I can go back to the exact spot during sunrise or sunset. I've found this useful when exploring an unknown location.

Sometimes I will take a mobile phone shot alongside a 'proper' shot so that I can use it as a record of the location (GPS co-ordinates), but also so I can share that location/moment with friends - showing off if you will - a pure 'look where I am!' moment.

The quality from a camera phone isn't perfect and obviously isn't a match for a 'proper' camera, but they are far better than some of the early digital compact cameras that I happily used for snapshots 10 years ago.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Only for taking pictures for eBay