1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Poll - Do you still own and use film cameras?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Chrissie_Lay, Feb 9, 2017.

1. Chrissie_Lay

Chrissie_Lay AP Editor's PA

Do you still own and use film cameras? Why not cast your vote on this week's poll?

[​IMG]

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Own, yes. Use? welllll...

3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

One or two, or is it twelve...and I do use them
    No it's fourteen. Hang on it's seventeen.....
    Glad I'm not as bad as some on here.....
    Still only seventeen....

4. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I own several, but don't use them because:
    1. They need servicing (foam rot!)
    2. I prefer digital - especially since they killed Kodachrome. :(

5. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

I own...er...maybe fifty or so film cameras...

I've put film through all but two of them - a Voigtlander Vito B which suffered catastrophic lens failure when all of the aperture blades came loose and just piled-up in the bottom of the barrel between two of the elements and an Olympus OM-2 (a fairly recent purchase) which has decided that the act of winding-on film is an unnecessary luxury.

Like many people I started off with film and, even though I principally use digital nowadays, I still like to keep my hand in.

Cheers, Jeff

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I still own a few but truth is none have seen a film for some time - despite my best intentions....:rolleyes:

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

'Cor -that is a lot of votes already. I keep meaning to go buy some new batteries for my Bronica, finish the films in the backs and find out what I was doing back in 2007. Pretty sure I have a fresh film in my Canon 50E too - robbed the battery for the remote flash controller.

8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes.

9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

3 x Praktica TL1000
    2 x Olympus OM-1 - both in need of repair.

Digital? Nothing!

Lynn

10. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Use frequently.

11. Glen Turner

Glen Turner New Member

Yes regularly 35mm and 120. From Vito B to canon eos 33 and many in between. All functioning.

12. AlexMonro

AlexMonro Old Grand Part Deux

I have an embarasingly large number of film cameras, many of them older than I am, and quite a few are operational. I also have 5 digital cameras. I probably shoot as much film as digital these days, and not as much as I'd like of either, mainly due to health issues.

13. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Yes, up to 12x15 inch, though I've not shot any 10x14mm on my Minolta 16 lately.

Cheers,

R.

14. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

Ah yes, I should have added my Mamiya 16 to the list of ones that I've not put a film through - I was forgetting all about it.

Cheers, Jeff

15. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

Own yes but use mmmmmmmmmmmmm (as has been said above) and really I prefer the quality and immediacy of digital. Having said that I did slip a picture of the Mathematical Bridge in Cambridge, that was taken when testing a newly acquired OM10, into a club competition when I was short of entries and it held its head up against other more distinguished cameras

16. PhotoEcosse

PhotoEcosse Well-Known Member

According to the Poll, 4,827 people have voted so far!!!! Of whom 69.61% claim to use film regularly.

I suspect that AP has been hacked by some deviant Trumpites, bent (in more way than one) on spreading "alternative facts".

17. Roger Hicks

Dear Roger,,

Quality?

You must have been doing film wrong.

Immediacy I can relate to, but not quality.

Cheers,

R.

18. Roger Hicks

Then again, what does "regularly" mean?

Every day?

Every week?

Every month?

Every year?

Cheers,

R.

19. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Every lifetime? ;)

Roger Hicks likes this.
  20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Every time I take a film camera out......

...the last time being sometime last November:(

Roger Hicks likes this.