1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Poll – What are your favourite types of historic buildings to shoot?

Discussion in 'Weekly Poll' started by Liam Clifford, Aug 9, 2017.

1. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Late 20th./early 21st. century architecture meets the 15th. century.

2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I quite like stuff like this...

[​IMG]

3. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

While I'll take a picture of anything I find, if given a choice the more knackered the better!

[​IMG]WIndows by Jeff Johnson, on Flickr

Cheers, Jeff

steveandthedogs likes this.
  4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

I tend to be with Jeff on this.

[​IMG]kitchen by Steve Ashton, on Flickr

Not sure if it's because there are lots of old ruins around here or because I'm getting that way.

S

5. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

6. Andrew Flannigan

Oh well. If you like decrepit...

[​IMG]

7. Andrew Flannigan

Or really old and really decrepit...

[​IMG]

:D

RogerMac likes this.
  8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I don't really have a favourite but as round my way churches and cathedrals are somewhat more prevalent than ruined abbeys and castles I voted for 1.

9. Trannifan

Trannifan Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Reflections can give interesting, if sometimes messy, architectural juxtapositions. The Iron Tower in Mainz, one of the few remains of the city walls and home of the arts soc. I belong to, reflected in part of a modern shopping and office complex next door. Taken from one of the gallery rooms. The white bar is actually the ground floor-first floor divide in the shopping complex!

Lynn