1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Pocket digital camera

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by geoff_piltz, Jul 6, 2020.

1. geoff_piltz

geoff_piltz Well-Known Member

I want a digital camera small enough to carry in my shirt top pocket with decent quality, any make model or year, at least 8Mb. Suggestions?

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

The outgoing Fuji X100F and the new X100V are in vogue. I’ve been thinking about adding one for three weeks now. The fact I’ve only taken 81 pics so far this year does make it (digital camera 5) a hard sell though.

3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

If 8MP is enough, then you might find one of the Canon Ixus series will do what you want. They're tiny but the image quality is pretty high. They're often cheap as well! Here's an Ixus 70 next to a Minox B "spy camera" to show just how tiny it is...

Cameras Canon Ixus 70 and Minox B 705020014.JPG

Last edited: Jul 6, 2020
  4. cliveva

cliveva Well-Known Member

If it’s a big pocket, try a Panasonic Lx100, big sensor for size, useful zoom

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Whilst I rarely use the camera on my phone I am led to believe some are very good.

RogerMac likes this.