1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pixie Camera

Discussion in 'Other Brands & Accessories' started by Mark101, Apr 11, 2022.

Tags:
  1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

As a matter of interest has anyone else come across the French Pixii camera ?

https://pixii.fr/

PentaxManiac likes this.
  2. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Looks like they want to out-Leica Leica :D

Mark101 likes this.
  3. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

No but it looks nice. Shame I wouldn't have much use for it beyond holiday snaps...my dslr still goes between macro lenses or a 70-200 for action.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I had not heard of it. I wonder why they aren’t comparing it with the Fuji XPro series. This is apparently version 2 - it was launched with a 12 MP sensor.

5. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Only has in built memory and battery.
    It is a sort of hybrid big brother smartphone camera module. With range finder. But no mechanical shutter.
    I do not see much advantage in a system like this for photographers.
    More expensive than an equivalent Fuji.

daft_biker likes this.
  6. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Perhaps it's just another Chinese camera with somebody else's brand name on it?

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Tell me you've not read their website without telling me you've not read their website. ;)

Zou and PentaxManiac like this.
  8. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I read a long review by a fan - sounds like it is a work in progress with occasional glitches in exposure/wb. Can save a monochrome DNG apparently - throws away the colour information after demoisaicing the file so you can't be tempted to return to colour. I forget where the review was.

Benchista likes this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Looks really nice, and really limited. If you can afford that, can't see what value it brings over a 'full frame' option. I'd almost prefer it with a fixed lens somewhere around/between 18mm and 26mm.

10. Chester AP

Chester AP Well-Known Member

Yes I did, so perhaps I should have instead suggested 'assembled in France with Chinese and Japanese components'.

11. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

The French made some interesting cameras in the 1940s and '50s.

The two most widely known were the Foca 35mm rangefinder and the Semflex range of twin lens reflexes. The Semflex Studio was especially interesting: a Tele-Rolleiflex long before Franke & Heidecke thought of the idea.

I suspect the current subject of our discussions won't be so fondly remembered (but I could, of course, be wrong)