1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

picture related to David Steels "I don't like " lounge discussion

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ChrisBrookes, Nov 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bagpuss

bagpuss Well-Known Member

"Caution: Over-enthusiastic ovaries"

2. SteveEM

SteveEM Well-Known Member

Hi.

FAO Nick (moderator)..surely this guy is out of order posting arrogant stuff like this:

" I am only defending them because people are unfair. I myself am more level minded than the majority of people and I have no bias one way or another. When the sh*t hits the fan - and it will - the first to go will be the ignorant, and that is most people"

...a slight ignorant generalisation here possibly?

cheers Steve.

3. lazyboy

lazyboy Well-Known Member

Get over it.

4. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Can we quit the thread now, I think its dead. :(

5. bagpuss

Agreed.

6. lazyboy

agreed

7. Nod

Nod Well-Known Member

May I just say "Wibble" before it gets locked please?

8. DaveCarr

DaveCarr Well-Known Member

NO! :mad:

9. bagpuss

[​IMG]

10. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

£120k buys you an Aston Martin or maybe a cheap Bentley. Mercedes prices actually start below Ford Mondeo prices. Unfortunately, your assumptions are wrong. Yes, many prestige car owners like to keep their vehicles undamaged but you imply that priviliged parking slots are occupied solely by Merc and BMWs when, in fact, they could be occupied by any brand of car. If there is a common factor, those slots are occupied by the same breed of driver who have a don't care attitude to the needs of others and only think of what is convenient for them.

11. bagpuss

My Mondeo is a damn sight more reliable than a cheap Merc an' all! :D

12. Hotblack

Hotblack Dead Horse Flogger

I agree with that. I tend to see as many beaten up wrecks as Mercs/BMWs in such places.

13. Lounge Lizard

Lounge Lizard Well-Known Member

How do you know? Do you run a cheap Merc alongside the Mondeo and Galaxy then?

14. lazyboy

Thats not actually true, but hey lets leave this alone now. I think its dead.

15. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

I know what you mean. I have a disabled badge for use when ferrying my 92 year old M-in-Law (and before anyone makes any cracks - no I don't abuse it!). I sometimes sit in the car and wait for her to return with my wife so I see lots of other 'disabled' comings and goings.

I'd guess that at least 50% have no visible disability. I'm jumping to conclusions but it seems to me to be a scheme that must be easy to abuse.

I've never been aware of any particular pattern of vehicle being parked.

MickLL

16. bagpuss

No - but a friend does. She bought an A-Class at the same time as I bought the Mondeo. So far I've had to buy it a few new tyres. She's had to have several new bits including an alternator.

17. mjc7uk

mjc7uk Well-Known Member

Ditto! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.