1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Photoshop 2020 Update - custom shapes

Discussion in 'Digital Image Editing & Printing' started by Geren, Jul 7, 2020.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Does anyone that uses PS 2020 know what happened to the previous versions' custom shapes such as stars, arrows etc? Apparently I can have wild animals, leafy trees and flowers now but nothing remotely useful.

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I thought I'd help by starting Photoshop 2020 for the first time and look for a tutorial.

I am now going to go back to the chapter in the statistics book that I've been trying to understand for the last fortnight secure in the knowledge that it just has to be easier to follow than the photoshop tutorial video that was 2 clicks away from the newbie introduction page.

3. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

4. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Adobe, finally catching up to what Microsoft has been doing for years and making sure the new version of each piece of software requires the user to relearn everything they thought they knew!

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

There is a plague of "presets" going around. The last couple of years a one-click solution to processing seems to have taken preference to editing. I first noticed it when I tried On One Photo Raw (2018) vs LR 6, since then Lightroom Classic has caught the bug too. Whether it comes off smartphones or not I don't know but it seems someone believes folk prefer to mouse over a hundred presets to see what changes they like instead of looking at the picture and fine-tuning with the basic tools.