1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Photoshoot with Paul Kaye [four photos]

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by Fen, Jun 5, 2013.

1. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

For you fans of GAME OF THRONES… I had an impromptu photoshoot with Paul Kaye this afternoon!

I’ve met Paul a few times as he knows Caroline and a few months ago I asked if he would let me photograph him. He said it would be fine and let him know when and where.

Then last night we were at an exhibition of his wife’s paintings we got chatting and arranged it for today. So he popped around and we did a shoot, he’s a really nice guy to work with and we got the photographs done in 20 minutes. I think I’ve got some excellent images, even one in infrared.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

In infrared
    [​IMG]

The rest of the images can be found here

2. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Though I do not know the chap the images are very good especially number two - which I think captures him just beautifully.

3. Emmie-Lou

Emmie-Lou Active Member

I love Game of Thrones :) These photos are fabulous. I love the infrared one, very different.

4. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

5. P_Stoddart

P_Stoddart Well-Known Member

Hey I think the IR is quite :cool:

He was the lead in a film I quite like called Blackball (2003), about a crazy bowls player.

6. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

Oh, THAT Paul Kaye.

Do you know, when I clicked on this Thread I thought you meant Paul Kaye - Mayfair based, award-winning portrait & wedding photographer!

My brain is getting addled. I need a break! :eek:

7. John_Baker

John_Baker Well-Known Member

Fen stunning as always - amazing look, love the IR very effective...

8. Stevet

Stevet Well-Known Member

Very well done Fen, I like them all, I think no. 8 is my favourite. Good to see a variety of facial expressions - can't count the number of times I see people posting multiple images with identical 'sultry' pose.

For some reason the IR shot made me think of the Terry Pratchet Discworld books - not sure which wizard, though!

9. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Rincewind surely...;)

He reminds me a lot of Jethro Tull's Ian Anderson in his younger days...

Last edited: Jun 6, 2013
  10. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Or possibly a Fraggle? http://images2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20101120203748/muppet/images/2/27/Fragglefive.jpg

Anyway, they are all extremely characterful - there's a real personality to them - and I love the IR one, I think it's something about the way the eyes aren't altered as much as the skin that gives it a really dreamy look.

Top work, Fenris!

Adrian

11. thornrider

thornrider In the Stop Bath

In the third picture he looks a lot like he looks with the pneumatic boobs and the blue eyeshadow in the BetVictor adverts.:cool:

12. Fen

Fen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comments everyone. These are among my favourite portraits I've shot.

The setup was very simple... One reflector (to the side) and sunlight through the conservatory roof.

Rincewind... definitely :D

13. Scphoto

Scphoto Well-Known Member

Great shots, love the IR one.

14. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

Superb shots Fen. I could imagine seeing number 3 on a magazine cover. The IR one is really ****ing creepy looking! :cool:

15. David Raynham

David Raynham Well-Known Member

Stunning shots! The IR is amazeballs! :D