1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Photokina: Panasonic unleashes pocket-sized LX15 with 4K

Discussion in 'News - Discussion' started by Liam Clifford, Sep 19, 2016.

1. Liam Clifford

Liam Clifford Active Member

2. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

But no eye-finder! :mad: Grrrrrr.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums.

It's not really the right place - General Equipment Chat and Advice is the better place to ask a question or because I don't see a question in your post, the Panasonic Chat area would be better for a discussion on model merits. News (especially this 2016 News) is more "push" information and not very active.

But we can see what happens - don't repost this as multiple posts of the same thing are deprecated.

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Second hand review: brother-in-law has a LX100 and thinks it's the bee's knees. I've had a close look at it and I see it as GX series with a permanently mounted 11~34 (22~64 equivalent) zoom. Feels well made and it produces images as good as you'd expect. His favourite feature is the shutter dial as he's especially keen on shutter priority.

Catriona likes this.
  5. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I've had the LX100 for a few years now and it has been great. However, recently it got a bit twitchy with the SD card recognition after I removed it (often) to load my pictures. I now use a direct feed to my PC which is fiddly for me, but it has overcome that problem for now. I have used it a lot! OK in good light, reasonable at 400 or 800 and above that I'd recommend using the iA (intelligent auto. I try to keep the ISO down so for normal use I limit it to 800.
    All in all, it was a good buy after my Canon G10 and G11 gave up the ghost.
    Not sure what my next camera will be. I've given up on my big Nokon (shoulder and arm problems) but I might go back to Sony. We'll see.

cathryn20 likes this.