1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Photography Show 2021

Discussion in 'Forthcoming Events' started by Mark101, Sep 19, 2021.

1. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

Just been looking at the photos on Facebook of the event and it doesn't exactly look crowded. I had tickets carried over from the previous year, but there is no way I'd put myself in an environment like that at the moment.

2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Well I popped along this morning for an hour or so - there's a lot more space about, most stands are more open, and for the most part, it felt pretty safe. But not particularly interesting.

3. Fen

Fen The Destroyer

Haven't been to a photography show since that last one I saw you at!

4. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I requested a refund last year as soon as it was offered. Much as I'd have liked to go on Saturday I'm sorry but I don't feel that it would be safe going to such an event in a confined indoor hall/halls at the moment, with the virus still rampant. I do hope that things change for the better in the next few months; has a date for 2022 been announced yet? Usually on the way out of the NEC there is a board with the proposed dates of the next show

5. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

That's obviously the first I've attended in a while, but as you know, it's only 15-20 mins drive for me, which makes it fairly practical to attend. I didn't decide to go until Mark said it looked quiet at the weekend.
    They checked people's vaccination statues, anyone without the 2 jabs had to do a lateral flow test there and then. Is that enough? Dunno. I wore a mask on or near stands, or at one point where people were fairly close together.

In terms of other shows, been to several by The Societies. They can have some good sessions, and sometime are quite good for gear.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It rather passed me by - but I did drive up from London today and the M42 was truly awful early afternoon around J6 (and everywhere else)

7. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

One of the nice things about my journey to the NEC is that it doesn't involve the M42 in any way. ;)

8. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

Always a bonus! :)

9. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

My journey is usually 2 1/2 hours by train (each way) with at least 1 change. Another reason for not going this year is avoiding possible over-crowding and infection from other passengers (as well as having to wear a face mask for such a prolonged period of time - I detest wearing a face mask, it's just not natural and almost invariably causes my specs to steam up)

10. beatnik69

beatnik69 Well-Known Member

I just got a wee card to say I'd had my second jab. You must be a lot more important than I am! :D

11. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

You didn't get even a commemorative plaque? How disappointing. :D

beatnik69 likes this.
  12. Mark101

Mark101 Well-Known Member

I'm in line for a third jab., na na nah na.

RogerMac and beatnik69 like this.
  13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Ho hum,:rolleyes:
    ;) So am I...:p