1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Photography in Royal Parks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by RobertCoombes, Nov 18, 2018.

1. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

I recently discovered this in my study. I believe that now just anybody can use a tripod in a Royal Park. Total gridlock!

SmallPark001.jpg

2. Malcolm_Stewart

Malcolm_Stewart Well-Known Member

But what does it say in the "CONDITIONS PRINTED OVERLEAF" ?

3. miked

miked Well-Known Member

It's the signature that intrigues me. I interpret it as, "Miss Erica" - ooooh, she sounds to be very strict.:eek:

4. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

Photography in royal parks is still restricted for commercial use. and I believe tripods can be banned. you would need to read the notice at the gates to find out for individual parks.

That permit is extremely open ended and could have been used by anyone with the agreement of RS Coombs.

5. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The Royal Parks and Other Open Spaces Regulations 1997 is the relevant legislation. http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1997/1639/regulation/
    Acts in a Park for which written permission is required

4. Unless the Secretary of State’s written permission has first been obtained, no person using a Park shall—

(18) take photographs of still or moving subjects for the purpose of or in connection with a business, trade, profession or employment or any activity carried on by a body of persons whether corporate or unincorporate;

(19) intentionally obstruct or otherwise interfere with free passage on any road, riding way or path;

So in effect anybody can use a tripod provided it does not contravene 4 (19) above.

6. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

SmallPark002.jpg

Terrywoodenpic likes this.