1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Phlearn - 30 days of photoshop

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by EightBitTony, Jan 10, 2020.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

So Phlearn is sometimes useful, I dip in to their photoshop videos on YouTube every now and then when I want to know how to do something.

They've started a series called 30 days of PhotoShop, it's free, it's on YouTube, and this is the URL

The claim - from knowing nothing to being a whizz in 30 days.

Mark101 likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

As long as it takes less than 30 days to watch might be useful - I've got Martin Evening's latest book and it didn't do much for me. Has whizz a hidden meaning like " expert = a drip under pressure" ?

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

The only problem with the videos is, if you don't get on with the presenter, you REALLY won't get on with him :)

4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I find their videos helpful.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'll give them a go too. I find I bumble through PS and there probably is a quicker and easier way to do things. Ive just seen a clip on PS's home page when I started it up (one of their short tutorial clips) Far too quick to even attempt to follow.

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Given my lack of editing skills...

Abeeb likes this.
  7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've signed up for it. I *think* I know most of what I need to know in PS, but where there's a chance to pick up handy hints I'm all for it. But that presenter....yikes.

8. EightBitTony

One of the videos they did a couple of years ago is him getting covered in this black goo for an artistic shot. I enjoyed that one.

9. EightBitTony

Ah it was treacle. If you get annoyed by him, just watch this section it cheers me up.

Start at 2 minutes in.

Geren likes this.
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I watched Day One. Not signed up but I guess I should do so I get the images he uses to work on during the lesson. I wouldn't mind being allowed to slap the presenter a little bit.:)

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes, that's better. Although if he says 'gnarly' one more time I'll need something stronger than treacle.