1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Phlearn - 30 days of photoshop

Discussion in 'Web Sites of Interest' started by EightBitTony, Jan 10, 2020.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

So Phlearn is sometimes useful, I dip in to their photoshop videos on YouTube every now and then when I want to know how to do something.

They've started a series called 30 days of PhotoShop, it's free, it's on YouTube, and this is the URL

The claim - from knowing nothing to being a whizz in 30 days.

Mark101 likes this.
  2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

As long as it takes less than 30 days to watch might be useful - I've got Martin Evening's latest book and it didn't do much for me. Has whizz a hidden meaning like " expert = a drip under pressure" ?

EightBitTony likes this.
  3. EightBitTony

The only problem with the videos is, if you don't get on with the presenter, you REALLY won't get on with him :)

4. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Thanks for the heads up. I find their videos helpful.

5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I'll give them a go too. I find I bumble through PS and there probably is a quicker and easier way to do things. Ive just seen a clip on PS's home page when I started it up (one of their short tutorial clips) Far too quick to even attempt to follow.

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Given my lack of editing skills...

Abeeb likes this.
  7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've signed up for it. I *think* I know most of what I need to know in PS, but where there's a chance to pick up handy hints I'm all for it. But that presenter....yikes.

8. EightBitTony

One of the videos they did a couple of years ago is him getting covered in this black goo for an artistic shot. I enjoyed that one.

9. EightBitTony

Ah it was treacle. If you get annoyed by him, just watch this section it cheers me up.

Start at 2 minutes in.

Geren likes this.
  10. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

I watched Day One. Not signed up but I guess I should do so I get the images he uses to work on during the lesson. I wouldn't mind being allowed to slap the presenter a little bit.:)

11. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Yes, that's better. Although if he says 'gnarly' one more time I'll need something stronger than treacle.