1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Pheobe

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by RobertCoombes, Jan 17, 2019.

1. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

DSC_0003.jpg

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

That's a very nice study, but quite noisy. I would clone out the frilly bit bottom right, not crop, because the framing is right. Look at knocking the folds above back a bit too as they are quite distracting.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Delightful moment. It is a great age! Unfortunately they soon become self-aware and run shrieking from the camera! The hardest thing I have found with my young children/grandchildren in turn is placing focus. Because their skin is so smooth it is really difficult to judge where it is. I have a feeling that the focus in this one is a little forward and the eyes a touch soft but it might be my imagination. I agree with Mike to lose the zip (?) bottom right corner and slightly darken the right edge. I'd guess you have used a gradient filter to compensate the strong sidelight. You could try weakening it a small bit to reduce the noise it introduced. I think the picture can take being a bit darker to the left of the crayon without losing its appeal.

4. Knotty

Knotty In the Stop Bath

I agree with the above, plus she has what I assume is crayon on the bridge of her nose. Very nice though. (Very similar composition to old film portrait of my son. )

5. MickLL

MickLL In the Stop Bath

Is she really called Pheobe and not Phoebe?

The above is a question not a criticism. I understand that both spellings are used but the oe is more common than the eo.

MickLL

6. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

I stand corrected oe it is,