1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

pentax quality

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by jeffkrol, Sep 7, 2003.

1. jeffkrol

jeffkrol Member

first question: How many people had bad luck w/ the Superprogram? I had the shutter switch go out on me 1 week after warranty expired. Pentax did cover it though. 2 years (and very little usage later the same thing happened. Started using a winder to get it to meter. Also the aperature ring doesn't register correctly in manual or aperature priority. (bad mechanical linkage?) Saw a camera selling on e-bay w/ the same shutter button problem. Any comments.
    Secondly I was planning (until the *ist D ) to sell off all my equip. May still do that and go for the Canon Rebel EOS ($999 w/ lens 6 megapixel) but the question is how is the current state of quality for Pentax. Don't want to get burned again (I have other Pentaxes that were much more stable)