1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Pentax Q

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Roy5051, Oct 6, 2011.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

"... eyeing my X100 a bit too often ..." :eek:

Hi Don,

Have you checked out the X10 if you want to stay within the Fuji family. A few people have come looking / comparing the S100 and the X10 ... even though the
    S100's haven't arrived and the X10 just arrived. The big difference, IMO, is the
    lens range (28-110/2-2.8 Fuji vs 24-120/2-5.?) and the viewfinder or, lack thereof
    (Fuji - 1 Canon - 0) , GPS (Canon - 1 Fuji - 0) and price (the Canon will be about
    $150 CDN less than the Fuji). Oops, and size .... Canon will be (considerably?) smaller :)

Cheers,

Jack

2. DonRak

DonRak Member

Jack - I must admit I have drooled over the pics I've seen of the X10 but I think I'll wait a few months until the price comes down a bit.

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Hi Don,

We just received our first one and, o'er here, they're priced at $599.99 across the
    country with the exception of one(1) shop in Calgary (alberta) who has it the X10
    priced at $598.12 :eek:. Our website price is the same as across Canada but ...;)

As for a price drop, if it's anything like the X100 ....... I wouldn't hold my breath for
    a price drop :( ... I would, however, cross my fingers :D

Cheers,

Jack