1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Pentax MZ30 User Manual

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by El_Sid, Mar 3, 2008.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Anyone know of a free down-loadable source?

Also any opinions on the SMC-A 28-80 f4-5.6 zoom. I suspect it's pretty much a kit lens...

2. johnriley1uk

johnriley1uk Well-Known Member

A respectable but not exceptional lens that performa better at the wide angle end.

3. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

4. jeallen01

jeallen01 Well-Known Member

5. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Of all the sites giving instruction copies for Pentax, I find this the best;

www.pentax-manuals.com

It's not an official site, but the manuals for downloading are better quality copies and in colour where possible: and they have the MZ30 too.

As regards the lens, which 28-80 is it? Autofocus or manual? I'm not familiar with a 28-80 F4-5.6, only F3.5-4.5, F3.5-4.7 or F3.5-5.6.

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Knew you guys would come through... :cool:

Confirms what I seemed to have found out - doesn't work with old K mount manual lenses that don't have the A position... C'est la vie....

The lens is the 28-80mm SMC Pentax-FA f3.5-5.6 (sorry for the slight mis-info earlier). It's in silver to match the body so I guess kit lens...

7. PentaxManiac

PentaxManiac Well-Known Member

Ah, the silver one. I have one and I've found it OK: both prints and slides look sharp enough, even when the slides are on Elite Chrome 200 (a naff film if ever I saw one).

8. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Should be interesting to when I get the film processed then. Must admit that from my limited Pentax experience the lenses seem generally better than average.

Mind the AF isn't the smoothest I've come across, it's a bit jerky, but it does seem accurate enough.

Cheers. :)