1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Pentax Lens Question.

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by BigWill, Dec 4, 2001.

1. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Ok Pentax dudes, having recently come into the Pentax fold with the acquisition of a secondhand Ricoh KR10 Super (Which takes Pentax K lenses) what I want to know is, how can you tell if you have a Pentax "A" or "M" series lens? Is it because the "A" series have an A setting on the lens aperture ring to work with Pentaxes with a program mode or do the "M" series lenses have that as well? Just curious in case I want to upgrade to a SuperA or something in the future.
    BigWill

2. Pen-Man

Pen-Man Well-Known Member

Morning Will, yep you're spot on! Go on get a Super A, bloody good value for what you get.

Roy MRIPN Change today!

Keep rocking

3. BigWill

So the "M" series lenses don't have an "A" setting on the aperture ring then Roy. Okey dokey, will have to make sure I buy the "A" lenses if I'm ever to get one of those super little Super A's!
    BigWill

4. Reading

Reading Well-Known Member

5. BigWill

Thanks Rob. Off to have a shuftey. Are you a "lesser spotted Pentax user"?

BigWill

6. Reading

Reading Well-Known Member

Could be...

7. BigWill

Told you those Pentax users were shy!
    BigWill