1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Parton beach rocks at sunset

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by alfbranch, Nov 26, 2020.

1. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Dan S likes this.
  2. AndyTake2

AndyTake2 Well-Known Member

Looks good.
    Horizon is a bit wonky (just over half a degree) and a little bit of barrel distortion, but photoshop didn't have the lens profile to correct it. Just tilting it to correct the wonkyness (is that a word?:p) helps.

Still a good shot though:)

3. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Bit more subdued than some of yours, but I like it. Horizon is the teensiest bit off.

4. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I like that a lot -too much colour would have taken away from the foreground forms.

5. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Not entirely sure about that. Just depends on what you want I guess:

[​IMG]

6. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I was thinking of the technicolur delight sunsets that people seem to love - yes, they are nice, but if you put one of them over those rocks, unless it lit them specatacularly too, I think it would be a sunset with some rocks in, whereas this is some rather funky rocks with a nice cloudscape mirroring them, that happens to have a bit of sunset in it.

If that makes any sense at all... where's the Arty Bollocks Generator when I need it?

7. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Another lovely shot, Alf. I wouldn’t have spotted the slight tilt - need to look for it with a grid.

8. alfbranch

alfbranch Well-Known Member

Thanks Andy
    I should have checked the level this year I started PP on that last year

Thanks Mike

Thanks Adrian
    My first version of this scene was mono for similar reasons

Not what I was going for Mike

That arty bollocks seems to be what I was thinking when I did this colour version

Thanks Pete