1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panorama - stitched in camera

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by El_Sid, Jun 16, 2021.

1. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I had a go with the in camera panorama function in the Panasonic G80,

Not the most interesting scene but the process seems to have handled the detail very well.

[​IMG]
    Bosham Panorama
    by Nigel Hayes, on Flickr

Only pity is that the function only works with the camera in landscape orientation so the result is a bit long and thin... The option of taking lateral panos with the camera in portrait mode would be really useful.

Dan S and RovingMike like this.
  2. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

Are you sure that's correct? I've had a number of cameras with that feature (including a couple of Panasonics), and all of them have had the option to use portrait. :confused: Might be worth checking.

3. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

I'll look at the manual again as I might have misread something but with the camera in portrait mode it refused to play ball...

peterba likes this.
  4. peterba

Just looked the g80 review on photographyblog.com, and this is an extract: "The Creative Panorama mode allows you to apply any of the different effects to a vertical or horizontal panoramic image".

This suggests that portrait-mode panoramas are available. It's always possible that they're mistaken, of course. However, it does seem unlikely that Panasonic omitted this feature.

5. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

I found with one of my Lumixes that had the feature that, when doing a panorama , if the camera moved more than a few degrees one way or the other, the feature would stop. Is it possible that when you try to use it in portrait orientation the camera is wobbling enough to prevent the in-camera panorama working?

6. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

Could be, could be - I'm not quite as steady as I once was...

peterba likes this.
  7. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

There's a lot of it about. Maybe we could start a club? :cool:

peterba likes this.
  8. peterba

Me neither, Nigel - especially at mid-evening on a Friday, after a couple of glasses of a very palatable red. :D

9. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

I Suffer com essential tremor with intent.
    As my GP son in law is always reminding me, a couple of large drinks will steady me up considerably.
    Pity is, I almost never drink. ( Even though that works very well).

peterba likes this.
  10. peterba

Must try harder! :D

11. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, it worked for Bill Werbeniuk! ;)

12. Terrywoodenpic

Terrywoodenpic Well-Known Member

like he was, I am on propranolol too. (Twice a day.) It helps but not enough. It slows my heart right down to around 45bpm. It would otherwise be quite normal, as I do not have a heart problem.