1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic TZ8 picture download to PC.

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by zokko, Apr 15, 2012.

1. zokko

zokko Member

I use Canon Zoombrowser to download from our cameras, as we have had it for some years, and the Panasonic 'Photo Fun Studio', which came with the TZ8, did not seem very 'user friendly'. However, the Canon software does not download TZ8 movie clips, which are Motion JPEG I think, and the file for the movie part is same name as the still image of the start of the movie which it does download. Transferring direct form card-reader does work, and names them as 'Quicktime' files, which is different to movie files downloaded from our Canon cameras. My question is, does anyone know why Zoombrowser will not download the same files? Any advice would be appreciated, thank you.

2. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

I have to ask why you are using Zoombrowser for transferring files from your Panasonic as all you need do is plug in the usb lead to your computer and camera, set playback mode, switch on and it sees the card as a drive. You then just copy and paste to a folder on your computer.

To open 2 explorers in Win 7, press the Windows key + E.

I have TZ7 btw.

Cheers!

3. zokko

zokko Member

Chris Cool, thank you for reply, I just had not realised that was possible, I had thought I had to use software to download!

Long live TZ's!!

4. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Are you sure the Panasonic movie clips are not AVCHD format and not Movie JPEG? If so the Canon software may not read them.

5. Chris Cool

Chris Cool Retired

TZ8 is MPEG-4.

6. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

I use a card reader to save battery life but have no idea about what the movie clips on my tz8 are I just let Windows sort it out.