1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic LX100 question / request for help

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by photogeek, Nov 29, 2014.

1. photogeek

photogeek Well-Known Member

I have been playing with the LX100 and it is a very nice camera, my only issue is that on-power up it goes into photo taking mode - On the LX7 you could change this via a menu setting so it powers off in review - which is helpful as you have to remove the lenscap to do this. I have looked through the manuals and the menus but can not see this option. Have I missed something or is this option not available.

thanks for any help you can give

2. dangie

dangie Senior Knobhead

Not sure exactly what you mean, but on the LX7 if you hold in the review button while switching the power on it goes straight into review mode without extending the lens.

3. Sejanus.Aelianus

Sejanus.Aelianus In the Stop Bath

Yep. Same on the TZ40.

4. photogeek

Thanks for replies but that does not seem to work on the LX100 - I asked Panasonic and they said it is not possible to start in review mode. Hopefully will come in later software version.

5. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

Can you not enter review mode just by pressing the review button from the off state, as on most cameras?

6. photogeek

Not as far as I can see. The on off switch is around the shutter speed dial. I have tried poweing on just holding review button (nothin) and turning power on whilst holding down the review button, and still goes straight into shooting mode.

It is a very different beast to the LX7 - have to say the Lx100 is a great camera and I love the way it handles and the quality of the images, so this is a minor annoyance rather than anything else.

thanks to all for suggestions so far, perhaps Panasonic will resolve in a firmware update at sometime.