1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

PANASONIC LUMIX GX9M vs the others

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by relindwto6, Jul 22, 2020.

1. relindwto6

relindwto6 New Member

Hello,

I want to replace my old Canon 600d because I need something that shoots better video, and I was thinking about the Lumix GX9M.

Is it a good choice overall in terms of photo and video? Would it be better to go for the Sony or Fuji equivalents?

Thanks in advance.

2. relindwto6

relindwto6 New Member

I want to replace my old Canon 600d because I need something that shoots better video, and I was thinking about the Lumix GX9M.

3. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

Yes - that's clear :). I've no idea but I'd guess you need to look at both the technical specs and usability. The deciding choice in still cameras is handling (there is not much between them technically) and I'd think the same must hold for video. So I'd suggest to go to a camera shop now that they are open and see if that Lumix is good for you. If you don't like to hold it then you won't use it.

4. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Lumix have been leaders in video for some years, so GX9M has to be about as good as you can get. I know a top professional videographer who uses earlier versions. But there are differences between brands, I wouldn't guess they are all similar. Lumix definitely had the creds.