1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Panasonic Lumix G Vario 45-200mm f/4-5.6 Power OIS II

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by sappymike12, Dec 26, 2019.

1. sappymike12

sappymike12 Well-Known Member

So how good or not ?

Thanks

2. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It's a useful range of focal lengths if you want a long tele-zoom. I'd expect the performance to be OK as that market is one where the weight advantage counts over larger formats. I use a Canon 100-400 F4/5.6 on full frame for events and it is very heavy. A monopod is essential if in for a long spell of use. The 400 mm focal length (35 mm equivalent) is a bit short for birding but a useful starting point. If that is your intent check it with a x1.4 converter before you buy to see how the focus works.

3. sappymike12

Thanks Pete

4. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I owned the MK1 version and it's an OK lens. Not in the top rank but entirely adequate. The image stabilisation works well and it focussed fast enough on a G2 to capture most action. Some sample images...

DB regional train passing through Seefeld 1190668.JPG

Austrian Village close to the German border near Mittenwald 1190835.JPG

Bay window ub a Garmisch-Partenkirchen house 1190751.JPG

Hohe Munde from the Krinzerhof  1190622.JPG

5. sappymike12

Thanks Andrew. Some nice shots on a G2, I am using a G3 but looking to get a G7 soon

6. nimbus

nimbus Well-Known Member

There is of course also the 45-150 if you don't need the full range.

7. sappymike12

Yes that's what I am using now