1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Panasonic G2

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Roy5051, Mar 7, 2010.

1. Roy5051

Roy5051 Well-Known Member

New Micro Four Thirds Camera announced by Panasonic, the G2. It apparently has a 1,440,000-dot EVF - should be one for the EVF-sceptics to look at.

Rather a lot of "Scene" modes, as well as full complement of P,A,S,M modes. I bet it will be pricey!

PS available on pre-order from Amazon at £30,000 (Ha ha!)

2. The AP News page quotes a price of £629 with kit lens. That's about £250 cheaper than the Olympus Pen E-P2 sells for at the moment.

I played with one at Focus and found it worked very well. (I am a Nikon D700 & Pen E-P1 user). The EVF was great and the G2 is now at the top of my "next toy" list. Shame my birthday is in March and not July. Might have to settle for the 45mm macro lens !

Ian

3. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

The 45mm macro is well worth going for, don't know how I lived without that lens. Personally I'm an EP-1 and G1 user, neither Panny nor Oly have designed anything that really makes me go "I want that!" in terms of bodies since those two.