1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Panasonic 14-140mm lens

Discussion in 'Panasonic Chat' started by Grierson, Nov 4, 2015.

1. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

I took delivery of this lens yesterday. It seemed fine until it came to fit the hood. Try as I might I could not get the hood markers to line up resulting in the top 'petal' to be 15-20mm off centre to the right. (Looking from the back of the camera) The lens is on it's way back for replacement but I just wondered if anyone else using the lens has had any similar issues. Thanks - John

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I bought a second-hand one at The Photography Show towards the start of the year; the hood fits perfectly and I wonder what happened to yours such that it wouldn't line up correctly.

3. Grierson

Grierson Well-Known Member

There was no problem offering the hood up to the lens. It slotted on and turned freely until the marks on the hood and body were 2-3cms apart but would go no further. I asked the dealer for a replacement hood to try but they wanted the whole thing back. A pain having to parcel it up and send it back but fair play they paid the postage!