1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Output laptop to editing monitor?

Discussion in 'Computer Related Help & Discussion' started by Valley Ally, Oct 20, 2018.

1. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Time for a new Mac then:D My 13" MacBook Pro is 2560 x 1600.

2. Eye Robot

Eye Robot Well-Known Member

A sensible reply would have been an apology like EightBitTony just did.

GeoffR likes this.
  3. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

I feel no need to apologise in this case.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

It wasn't a very nice way to treat someone who has been a member for less than 2 weeks and who has been finding her way to participate. We need more people taking part not fewer and beginners wanting to learn need to be encouraged not teased.

Scphoto likes this.
  5. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

Well I hope @Valley Ally is still reading. I can strongly recommend the Ignore option, it's dramatically improved my enjoyment of the Forum. Click on someone's name under their avatar, and then choose Ignore when you see their little profile window open. The only downside is you see new post and new thread notifications but can't always see the thread when you dig further down. It's a price worth paying for me. I'm happy if she stays and Ignores me, just as long as she stays.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

You are entitled to your opinion and I am entitled to mine - subject to the moderators' decisions of course.

7. Snorri

Snorri Well-Known Member

In case you are Still here... I would think that £300 is a bit high for a monitor, a reasonable 27 inch with HDMI connector should give better results than the laptops own. True it will take a bit of calibration and few test prints to get things close enough, but should be improvement another good thing about second monitor is that you can keep the program and tools on the laptop while using the whole area of the external one as a working space.

8. GlennH

GlennH Well-Known Member

You can buy an IPS monitor for less than £200 these days. Of course, they cut corners a bit with the specs and probably woulldn't bear the closest scrutiny with qualities such as uniformity, but they'd still be more usable than a laptop screen for editing and proofing (better viewing angles, more precise colour, wider gamut). That leaves you with a bit of money to buy a calibration device, bearing in mind that all this control and precision is not for everyone. Content is always king in photography - everything else just filler.