1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Out with black AE-1 with the 'Squeak ' !

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by PeteE, Mar 1, 2020.

1. PeteE

PeteE Well-Known Member

SUNNY !! So after 4 days inside with NO Exercise I ventured out into the Cold Wind of Brentwood Essex with a black CANON AE-1 with the infamous 'Squeak' and took a couple on a short length of outdated ( but FREE ! ) 1993 HP5+ rated at 125 ASA which I processed in 'Stock Stength' FX-15 ( Acutol-S ) formula as I wanted to see if Stock gave finer grain than the 1+1 i usually use. On Scanning I think the negs look the same !
    here I used a Canon SSC FD fit 50mm f1.4 off a FTbn at f6.7
    [​IMG]Tree Climber by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    Back in The Warm I set up the Glass Fish and used a TOKINA AT-X FD fit 28-85mm f3.5-4.5 at 'Close Focus'
    [​IMG]Glass Fish by Peter Elgar, on Flickr
    I then took off the AE-1 Base-plate and lubricated it with a minute amount of Sewing Machine oil from a syringe and needle to see if the 'Squeak' was cured.

EightBitTony likes this.