1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Out of their tiny minds

Discussion in 'Fujifilm Cameras' started by RovingMike, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

That's pretty extreme, though a nice high-key shot.:)

A quick Google search comes up with a lot of complaints about the X10 over exposing in auto ...

2. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Is this recent? I bought a Sony P&S about 3 years back. It had an intermittent fault from new which got progressively worse, and it turned out to be a faulty rear LCD. I took it back to where I had bought it from, and they told me they only supported faults in the first few weeks of ownership, so I needed to contact Sony UK for a repair/replacement.
    So at my expense I had to call the Sony helpline. They told me to take it to a local repair company. I drove the 4 miles there (day off work) only for them to tell me that I was misinformed and that they did not repair Sony P&S cameras, which should be sent to Sony's UK repair centre. So I had to drive back home, make another call at my expense and convince the "assistant" at Sony UK that I needed a repair address from them.
    At least they conceded that they were wrong first time round (but they refused to pay me compensation for my time and expenses of the wasted 8-mile round trip), but I did get a reply-paid label to send the camera off somewhere near Cardiff IIRC.
    The repair took just a few days and came with an explanation of fault, signed personally by the technician who performed the repair.

From all the various P&S cameras I have purchased, this has been the only failure under warranty I can recall; it's not the first time that I have encountered Sony UK making a significant mistake about spares/repairs issues. Their products may be generally excellent, but their customer care needs improving

3. Alex1994

Alex1994 Well-Known Member

Under consumer law and the Sale of Goods Act, it's the retailer who's responsible and not the manufacturer, particularly if the fault was present from new. (Up to six years from the date of purchase, depending on the item and how much it cost.)

4. willie45

willie45 Well-Known Member

Any chance you would name and shame the company concerned?

5. miked

miked Well-Known Member

It had been my intention to buy a Fuji XPro1 but given the tenor of this thread, especially the experiences of RMike I am now having serious second thoughts about any Fuji experience. Their standards of customer care seems to be no less than dreadful. I've wanted to try a CSC as I am getting older and my Nikon D800 with either the 24-70mm or 70-200mm is just a little tiring on a full day's outing, and a modern compact with far less weight would be ideal for pocketing on a regular basis. But Fuji is now most unlikely to see any o my hard-earned brass.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I bought an X-E2 as a replacement for a G10 compact for when I cannot carry my big cameras around. It is astoundingly good. I am not too enamoured with the electronic viewfinder but as a carry-about it is great. The kit zoom stops it being pocket sized - you need a prime for that.

7. miked

miked Well-Known Member

Thank you, Pete.