1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Our future, if Trump wins

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by AdrianSadlier, Nov 2, 2016.

1. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Our Future if Trump Wins by Adrian Sadlier, on Flickr

On November 8th, America gets to choose its next president. I am normally disinterested in Politics (in Ireland) as I believe they all are as incompetent and corrupt as each other. But unfortunately this one I cannot ignore. For I believe that if Donald Trump is elected it could truly mark the end of democracy and global stability.An unpredictable, impetuous leader will only ruin a small country. But when they are a leader of one of the "superpowers" they have the ability to ruin everything for everybody!

This could be our future on November 9th!

steveandthedogs likes this.
  2. Fishboy

Fishboy Well-Known Member

That girl in the foreground is quite tall for somebody with such a small head.

Cheers, Jeff

3. AdrianSadlier

AdrianSadlier Well-Known Member

Did you never sit on your Dad's shoulders as a child? :)

Gezza likes this.
  4. Roger Hicks

Roger Hicks Well-Known Member

Where are the Muslims and Mexicans tied to the stakes in the middle of the fire?

Strange fruit.

Cheers,

R.

5. Roger_Provins

Roger_Provins Well-Known Member

I have a recording (on vinyl) of her singing that very late in her life. The terrible state of her voice somehow adds to the words.

6. Andrew Flannigan

Andrew Flannigan Well-Known Member

A depressing piece on the PM programme (Radio 4) this evening about the complete lack of checks on Trump falling even further out of his tree and launching a first strike if he gets in. No matter what Hilary's done she's got to be a much better bet than that! :(

7. daft_biker

daft_biker Action Man!

Trump getting in would, at least, restore the balance of them electing somebody worse than us. It's been the wrong way round for the last few years!

8. Fishboy

I read something in the press a few days ago that said Dr David Duke, former Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, is running for the US Senate in Louisiana and is currently polling at 14% of the black vote. His policy is to provide a voice for the 'white European-Americans in Congress' and he makes no secret of his past activities as the leader of the KKK.

In comparison, two polls came out the same week giving their results on Mr Trump - one showing him as polling 2% of the back vote and the other 4%.

It's a sorry state of affairs when the black voters of the US have more faith (admittedly none of these were direct comparison polls - but you get the idea) in somebody whose self-admitted policy is the establishment of white supremacy in the US than their Republican presidential candidate.

This isn't the same story I saw originally, but a link to a similar one is here.

Cheers, Jeff

9. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I see our future more like this.

Attached Files:

Andrew Flannigan likes this.
  10. Roger Hicks

Dear Kate,

Surely it should be headless chickens rather than headless shop-dolls.

Cheers,

R.

11. Catriona

There is a one word description of that photo, but I'm much too shy! ;)

12. Andrew Flannigan

It's enough to make you wonder just how many illegitimate children Alois Schicklgruber fathered. :eek:

13. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

What a choice - an arrogant, reckless demagogue or a professional machine politician, both past their sell by date....:eek:

14. Roger Hicks

Dear Nigel,

Yes, it's definitely a question of "least worst". Equally clear, though, is who is "worst worst". I know you can't compare absolutes but in this case... It's the political equivalent of Cantor's Theory of Transfinite Cardinals.

Cheers,

R.

peterba likes this.
  15. Fishboy

Oh great. Here I am, making my way through my working day as best I can when suddenly, out of nowhere, you mention 'Cantor's Theory of Transfinite Cardinals'.

Not knowing what it was I had to look it up, didn't I?

A proof that some infinite numbers can be greater than other infinite numbers?

That has, to coin a phrase, 'done my head in'.

Cheers, Jeff

peterba likes this.
  16. SXH

SXH Well-Known Member

Well, the cardinals can always book into Hilbert's Hotel. ;)

Yeah, I know it's not that sort of cardinal...

17. Andrew Flannigan

Mathematicians love infinite numbers because those pesky computers can't be set up to test them.

18. El_Sid

El_Sid Well-Known Member

The mere mention of 'sets' with a mathematical connection was enough for me....:D

Numbers I can handle but keep all those nasty letters and Greek symbols out of it...:confused:

19. Catriona

Seems the only way to delete my post is to post nonsense. I typed an answer but this was the wrong thread. AP insists I complete the task!! Sorry.

spinno likes this.
  20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Nonsense is what I'm best at:p