1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Osterly

Discussion in 'Exhibition Lounge' started by RobertCoombes, May 16, 2019.

1. RobertCoombes

RobertCoombes Well-Known Member

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

Like that. Is the sepia effect intentional?

3. RobertCoombes

No. I used NX2 until I changed computer. NX2 would not read mono nef files produced by my Nikon scanner. I scanned mono negs in colour and converted to mono in NX2. I now use NX-D which has no conversion from colour to mono, but it does read mono scans.

4. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I'm not sure I understand. The sepia effect is then an unintentional consequence of your conversion from colour to mono or an unintentional colour rendition of a mono scan? It definitely looks as if a tint has been applied.

5. RobertCoombes

It was processed as colour from a colour scan of a mono neg. However on my screen and the print on my desk it looks mono, in fact not as warm as bromesco.

6. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

On my screen it looks deliberately tinted. I downloaded (will now delete) the jpg and dropped it into On1 Photo Raw 2018 and the histogram shows red > green > blue. Curious, I'd have expected the scanner to return a neutral effect. The result is pleasing and actually looks more natural for the marbled finish stone than a pure grey would.