1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Oops. EOS R.

Discussion in 'Canon Conflab' started by EightBitTony, Jul 31, 2021.

1. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

I appear to have entirely accidentally purchased a second hand EOS R from mpb which will be arriving in a few days.

Geren, daft_biker and peterba like this.
  2. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

Oops. :)

3. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

You really ought to pay more attention when you're not shopping, Tony. ;)

4. EightBitTony

Agreed! I do seem to have casually confirmed it uses the same battery as my 7d2 while accidentally clicking buy.

peterba likes this.
  5. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

Naughty naughty, enjoy!

6. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It's a common affliction.

7. peterba

It's so easily done, isn't it? :D

8. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Easier to explain to the missus than a Thai bride, I suppose.

I haven't bought a camera in over a year. I feel an itch that need scratching... but that might just be the herpes?

zx9r and EightBitTony like this.
  9. zx9r

zx9r Well-Known Member

I have been very good at not buying cameras, it took a lot of effort to not buy two replacements for my EOS M and even more effort not to buy three Leica M lenses. I did crumble on a 90mm and hit buy it now only to be told that it was no longer available.
    I would be even more virtuous if I moved the K1000 on, but you know how it is, I'll just run a film through as a test, oh it is quite nice, I rather like this...

10. RogerMac

RogerMac Well-Known Member

When it arrives have a play and.let us known how you get on

11. EightBitTony

Will do. I think the adapter is arriving after the camera by a day or two, which will be a challenge for me to remain patient.

12. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Not bought a camera in ages.

Lenses, though.... ;)

EightBitTony and RogerMac like this.
  13. EightBitTony

It's arriving tomorrow!

But, still no news on the adapter arrival so ..... no testing until that gets here!

14. EightBitTony

Also, since I absolutely cannot afford any RF lenses, I guess the question is, which one will I accidentally purchase first?

Zou, zx9r and peterba like this.
  15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

The second hand 24-105 lenses are similarly priced to their EF cousins:rolleyes:;)

EightBitTony likes this.
  16. peterba

There's only one answer, Tony: "Neither"....... because you'll buy both at the same time! :eek: ;) :D

EightBitTony likes this.
  17. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

Noooooooooo!! (cough cough)
    I really wish I hadn’t read this….arrgh!!

….goes off searching for EOS R …

18. EightBitTony

It's part of the reason I bought a second hand R rather than a brand new RP (RP uses the small square batteries aligned to the M series cameras), also I'm a snob and didn't like the idea of not having a top display (RP has none, R has the new panel style).

19. pixelpuffin

pixelpuffin Well-Known Member

TBH Tony, I just assumed these new mirrorless cameras would have a new style battery pack ( extra batteries = extra revenue)
    But as I currently own 9 models that use the LP-E6 (N) batteries, hence I have 30+
    So a R with EF adapter is the natural progression for me.
    Let us know your thoughts Tony once it’s arrived.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  20. EightBitTony

Well, it's arrived, its gorgeous, and I can't do anything but read through the menus until the adapter arrives.

GNASH GNASH GNASH

I knew this was true, I knew the delivery of the adapter would take longer (low stocks everywhere), but still, GNASH.

How many times can I format the SD card and pretend it's 'like using the camera'?

zx9r, pixelpuffin and peterba like this.