1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One of the first

Discussion in 'Everything Film' started by Col. Hogan, Sep 23, 2003.

1. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

Neither being really CZJ lenses, but Cosina ones.

Nick BSRIPN
    I am a camera.

2. Larry Shone

Larry Shone Well-Known Member

what a surprise! This was in the 80s when I hadnt heard of cosina, and thought CZJ was a BigName!

I don't do people!

3. huwevans

huwevans Not Really Here

Perhaps, but I'm just pointing out that at f/45 its performance is limited by the physics of diffraction to around 35 lpmm at best, which is an extremely poor figure for 35mm photography in general. Nothing to do with the quality of the lens - diffraction affects all lenses in exactly the same way. The finest lenses in the world are limited to 35 lpmm at f/45 - it's just a fact of optical life.

Huw Evans.

www.huwevans.freeuk.com

4. robertj

robertj Well-Known Member

Post deleted by robertj

5. Larry Shone

burning in the sky

burning in the sky detail is a darkroom technique used to compensate for the sky being much brighter than the foreground and thus burning out to a white.
    Film cant handle the range in such a scene and something has to go.If you expose to get detail in the sky the foreground goes too dark and vice versa.
    To overcome this you would give extra exposure to the sky part while covering the foregorund with a card(keeping the card in motion to avoid a hard line).
    Bearing in mind that on the negative the sky is near black, which equates to near white on a print.

[​IMG]

6. Steve Thompson

Steve Thompson Well-Known Member

7. robbybobby

robbybobby Well-Known Member

Re: burning in the sky

Indeed, with my new aC707 enlarger, it has a timer on the lamp, but an override switch as well to keep the lamp on constantly. The exposure for the print was 1min. I exposed as normal, then decided to just set the timer again for 1min of burning. Yep, you guessed it, I set the override switch by accident and ended up burning for about 3mins (I lose total track of time in the darkroom) and ended up with a sky looking like the clouds were made up of coal dust.

Rob NRIPN

If something's not worth doing, it's worth forgetting about.

8. Larry Shone

an example of burning in a sky(52K)

This is a pic that i took and printed at college. I decided to try my hand at burning in as the sky was just featurless white and I remembered there were clouds there at the time.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]