1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

One for Snakeman

Discussion in 'Appraisal Gallery' started by RadoAds, Feb 15, 2006.

1. RadoAds

RadoAds Well-Known Member

Just got my new Sigma 105mm macro, so I thought I'd have a play around and see what it was like, this is my Son's 3 year old Leopard Gecko Euble, it never moves so I thought it would make an excellent still life /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[​IMG]

all comments welcome as usual

2. Hopeless_Andy

Hopeless_Andy Well-Known Member

Sweet :cool:

3. downfader

downfader Well-Known Member

Yeah. Cool! Looks like he's waiting to sneak up on something. :D

4. RM_London

RM_London Active Member

I guess it's the jpeg compression ... but it looks soft to me.

Or my eyes of course!

Roger

5. Scouse1

Scouse1 Well-Known Member

The rock looks sharp enough, could be the texture of it's skin. Looks a little smug to me..!
    Nice shot, nice pose.
    Probably been posing like that for a couple of years though.

6. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Doesnt look that soft here, he does look quite cuddly though, I could snuggle up with him and have a chat.

7. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

It is a tad soft. May just be the forum compression or it may need a touch of USM or perhaps the focus point wasn't quite right. Either way, it comes close but no cigar.

BigWill

8. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

Well I think he's beautiful. He looks like a friendly snake, I imagine he's a comedian or something.

9. BigWill

BigWill Gorgeous oversensitive Nikon-loving cream puff

Well if it bites you in the ass just remember I ain't sucking the poison out..................but then again? :D ;)

Big(sucker!)Will

10. RadoAds

RadoAds Well-Known Member

It isnt soft at all to be honest, the texture of his skin is very velvelty I was actually impressed with how sharp my new lens was, although the jpeg compression has taken some of the colour saturation out of the little fellow. And yes he does tend to nip a bit if anyone gets close.

11. T_Sargeant

T_Sargeant Well-Known Member

Gecko not snake... but if you want a snake to cuddle up with, I've always got one for you :)

12. ermintrude

ermintrude Hinkypuff

:D Has he got nice eyes? :cool:

13. tonycro

tonycro Well-Known Member

I think its great, lovely expression - slightly smug/sly smile- brillant

Tony.

14. Hopeless_Andy

Hopeless_Andy Well-Known Member

You know, my very first thought on seeing the pic was "nice lens", how sad is that :rolleyes:

15. Snakeman

Snakeman Well-Known Member

Nice one Adam..lovely gecko.They make great subjects and almost look like they are smiling at times..pic looks sharp enough on my monitor..the 105mm is a great lens have fun with it mate.