1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Olympus OI Share app

Discussion in 'Olympus Chat' started by IvorETower, Jun 17, 2020.

Tags:
  1. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Question: Can you only use the app with one Olympus camera? I had the app set up on my mobile phone to work with the battered EPL9 I bought a few months ago. Having tried (successfully) to connect it to the semi-functioning EM10 mkII I bought a couple of weeks ago, it has deleted the EPL9 from the app and replaced it with the EM10. There does not appear to be an option to choose which camera you want the app to work with when you open it, so can it only cope with one paired camera?

2. RovingMike

RovingMike Crucifixion's a doddle...

That might be the case. I tried to link to both my EM1 and PenF and it only ever worked on the EMi. I'll try the 1mk2 and 5mk3 tomorrow.

3. RovingMike

But the online video says you can. I tried to set up the em5mk3 with iPhone 7 and it didn't work.

4. RovingMike

I have put a question on the Oly User Group site, but I think the answer is in the Oly OI Share site: it only works with OIS 8-10, so as my iphone is now on 13.3.1, I can forget it. Tried both of the cameras and it doesn't scan the QR codes.

5. RovingMike

Got more details on how to make the connections manually, but seems very involved, as as I have a cable release, I won't bother. People seem to agree that the QR code scanning hardly ever works.

6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

QR works for me, but it's just that the app only seems to support one camera, and if you have more than one Olympus body then you have to re-pair the body if it's a different one from the last time you used the app. I'd have thought that the app should let you pair multiple bodies, then chose which one you were using each time that you opened the app.

EDIT: And I'm using Android, not iOS as the only Apple product I "use" is the Granny Smith

7. RovingMike

The very convoluted instructions I got got iOS involved deleting existing networks from the wi fi, so at that point I gave up. The phone doesn't find the cameras as a normal network and invite you to connect. Guess it would be OK with say an ipad dedicated to just OI Share, if you were doing professional work.

8. EddieR

EddieR Well-Known Member

Ive been able to use two cameras although when you change from one to another you have to re scan the Qr code. it only takes seconds so is fine. HOWEVER!!!! my iphone updated last night to iOS 14.2 and now it allows me to scan etc but wont allow me to connect to either camera!