1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Older Equipment Help Needed

Discussion in 'General Equipment Chat & Advice' started by Windsock, Jun 24, 2021.

1. Windsock

Windsock Member

I have been left a box of older camera equipment by a Great Uncle who sadly, recently passed away. It includes a Yashica LM, Rollei A110, assorted Nebro coloured lens as well as two plain boxed lens (I cannot make out the manufacturer.
    I'm very much a newbie amateur using Canon and Nikon kit, so have no use of this equipment. So I'm looking to find out any potential value these items might have, as well as other useful information.
    I can provide pictures to anyone who might be able to help me out.

Thanks in advance

2. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

Hi Windsock,

I'll be honest here - that's a difficult question. It depends on a great many things - external condition, whether they work, and quite simply who is looking. The cameras are both well-known models, which will help.

The Nebro filters are probably the least likely to have a value as, unless they fit something particularly rare (in which case, how many people will be looking for them?), it's only film users likley to be interested as you can do all that in PP with digital.

The boxed lenses may be identifiable by the model name if there is one on them - pics would definitely help.

If it's in good condition and works, the Rollei A110 could well be worth a bit - see recent sales on ebay:
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_..._salic=3&_sop=12&_dmd=1&_ipg=50&LH_Complete=1

I guess that has a lot to do with Lomography making 110 film again.

Likewise the Yashica - in fact, even parts cameras seem to make a few quid!

Hope that helps.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  3. gray1720

Having said that, if the filters are for the Yashica, and are one of the Rolleiflex bayonet fittings, they could be worth a bit too - again, probably condition dependent.

Done_rundleCams likes this.
  4. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

Firstly, condolences to yourself, @Windsock and your uncles family and friends :(. Great advice from @gray1720, @Windsock and I agree, photos of the boxed lenses would of great value :)

Cheers,

Jack

5. Windsock

Windsock Member

Thank you to everyone for your comments and thoughts - it is very much appreciated.

I have actually had the kit looked at by a very helpful expert at our local camera shop. The Rollei kit does have some retail value as it is still complete and in its original case and box.

I have decided to hang on to the Yashica as it is still in excellent working order. So film has been purchased and loaded (eventually) - so I will be trying my hand with a twin lens, film unit soon (or a ‘proper’ camera as Uncle Sid would have called it).

Again, thank you to everyone who responded - I have much to learn so had better get started

steveandthedogs, spinno and zx9r like this.
  6. gray1720

You have a local camera shop with an expert? Wow! Both rare commodities these days!

That sounds like a good result - the Rollei gets a new owner, and the Yashica gets used by someone to whom it has a bit of meaning. And remember, when you muck something up because you are unfamiliar with it, Uncle Sid almost certainly did that himself a few times!

Enjoy shooting with it. I, for one, would love to hear how you get on and see some pictures.