1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. REMINDER

Any content, information, or advice found on social media platforms and the wider Internet, including forums such as AP, should NOT be acted upon unless checked against a reliable, authoritative source, and re-checked, particularly where personal health is at stake. Seek professional advice/confirmation before acting on such at all times.

Oh Oh, I am (99.9%) Q-less or 06-less :(

Discussion in 'Pentax Chat' started by Done_rundleCams, Nov 20, 2013.

1. Done_rundleCams

Done_rundleCams AP Forum Ambassador to Canada

My last sharp shot: Date Time Original: 2013-11-16 7:34:50 PM
    [​IMG]
    View: original size
    My next (and crap) last shot: Date Time Original: 2013-11-18 11:19:47 AM
    [​IMG]
    View: original size
    Today, Tuesday November 19th, I tried to turn on my camera and nada, changed the battery and nada, again (?). Having done about 6 shots (3 of each above) in 2 days, my batteries will have enough juice BUT, just in case, I charged one up for 20 minutes and, again, nada Then, I realised that my 06 lens was a bit cockeyed and when I tried to zoom the lens, it got stuck at around the 23mm mark ;( So, I'm guessing that somewhere between Nov 16th @ 19:34 and Nov 18th @ 11:19, my camera/lens combo must have got bumped/boomed/ etc, ?? and the crapper shot which should have had no issue with focus was the last (??) shot I will have done with my Q-06 combo
    This is not a post requesting information on what might be wrong or what might have happened, it is just my lament of the probable passing of a good friend.
    Regards,
    Jack Simpson

2. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Is it ruined? Can you save anything from the debris? You may recall that I fell over in the snow about two winters back and thumped my 50mm f/1.7 on the deck. It looked like a lens baby and I thought it was finished, but I got it repaired for a sensible fee and it is still OK.

3. Done_rundleCams

Hi David,

I think my Q might be salvageable but, me thinks, the lens is toast :eek: .. :(

I'm going to try the Q with another lens and see if that makes a difference?

Cheers,

Jack

4. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Good luck.

Must have been a devil of a knock, how much had you had?

5. Done_rundleCams

Thanks Steve and the weird part is I really don't know when/what the cause may have been (?) plus I haven't done anything different when using/not using my Q and 06 combo since I got 'em :confused:. As for "how much I had" ... I didn't know Pelligrino was that strong :eek: .... ;)

Cheers,

jack

6. steveandthedogs

steveandthedogs Well-Known Member

Ah, there's your problem, not enough alcohol...
    says he who's hardly touched a drop for the last eighteen months.

Any joy with another lens, yet?

7. 0lybacker

0lybacker In the Stop Bath

I had a restaurant door jently swing onto the lens hood attached to my 21mm f3.5 Zuiko attached to the camera body hung around my neck and it was enough to mess up the helicoid. :(

Sorry to hear about your disaster, Jack. Did you pay for it with a credit card? Might be worth checking whether you can claim for accident insurance. If it was in the pocket of a jacket - not zipped or buttoned - could the jacket have swung or blown against something while you were rushing around?

8. Monobod

Monobod Phantom of the forum

Now, if you were touting a K-3, then it would have been the object you bashed into that would have come of worst! Joking apart, I'm sorry to hear about this, as it sounds expensive.....ouch!

9. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

So, Jack, sorry if I've missed it, but what's the prognosis? Is the Q still functioning, and is it "just" the 06?

10. Done_rundleCams

Hi Nick,

The 06 lens is toast and not even worth inquiring about a repair. The Q just doesn't want to power up and may be worthy of a repair estimate but, over at DePravedReview, a fellow Canuckian just picked up the Q7 and he says the difference is quite noticeable :) So, there maybe a camera in my future and, of course, another 06 lens ;).

Having said all that, I've noticed that by just having my GR IV to shoot with, my weekly shot rate has dropped significantly :eek:

Cheers,

Jack