1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd Flickr payment

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by gray1720, Jun 17, 2020.

1. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

I've been expecting my Flickr Pro sub to go out this month and it sort of has - I've been billed $6.99 (£5.79). I'm a bit bemused by this - it's a month early, and about an eighth of the expected amount.

Anyone any idea what's going on?

2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

Don't know but check the help forum for anyone else querying the payment.
    Be careful that isn't a monthly payment!

3. gray1720

Catriona likes this.
  4. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I gave up my pro account after many years. All my pictures prior to that are still there but of course, I can't add any more (1,000 limit). I do miss it for the search facility for my new ones and must admit I spend ages trawling through them on FB, but that's the only thing I find annoying.

5. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

That’s steep compared to annual. I used to have a 2 year subscription but, as they were making noises about losing money even after doubling the price I thought I’d minimise my risk, the saving is pennies.

Bazarchie likes this.
  6. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

I thought that Flickr had only taken an annual payment for some years now, even if they quote a monthly equivalent. I know that not long after I went digital I took out a paid Pro subscription for 2 years initially, renewed it a few times then it went free.

Now it's back to being paid, and at a somewhat inflated amount, I've not yet been able to justify paying

Catriona likes this.
  7. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

They changed payment provided recently, there were e-mails to subscribers about it. Let me see if I can find something.

8. EightBitTony

EightBitTony Well-Known Member

https://help.flickr.com/faq-for-pro-members-on-braintree-Hkpps_f8

Why was my account switched to a monthly subscription?
    Our orderly plans to migrate all subscriptions from Braintree to Digital River were upset by an announcement by Braintree in early 2020 that they will no longer process payments for Flickr Pro subscription terms longer than one month. To comply with Braintree’s constraints while also ensuring our Pro members enjoy continued subscription benefits through the transition period, we switched all remaining Braintree subscriptions to one month terms.

Affected Pro members can switch their accounts to 1 month, 1 year, or 2 year subscription terms when migrating their payment information to Digital River.

9. gray1720

That's a thought - I bet the email went to the yahoo account that I never, ever use...

10. gray1720

...ironic that, given that I grew up with a Braintree address... Well, I is from Essex, innit?

11. Bazarchie

Bazarchie Well-Known Member

and cannot access.

12. PeteRob

PeteRob Well-Known Member

I has to input new payment details but paid for 12 months. Something to with the payment platform. My credit card had also expired but that was neither here nor there. Credit card direct debits keep going past the card expiry date and onto the new card as long as the account stays open.