1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Mar 4, 2021.

1. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

Fimble is the male part of the hemp plant. Tink is to emit a sharp, shrill sound.

spinno likes this.
  2. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I now will look for every opportunity to play that in Scrabble, be interesting to see if it's recognised

ascu75 and peterba like this.
  3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

No wonder Kids TV is popular with students
    Can anyone here explain "In the night garden"?

4. peterba

peterba Well-Known Member

You mean Mr Twink, the black cat detective? ;) :D (This reference will probably mean nothing to you, if you were born much later than 1960-ish. :p)

5. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Yep 1955 comes after 1960 coz it’s mafmatics

6. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Acid.

MJB and John Farrell like this.
  7. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I woke up part way through the night and the dream I'd been having was so vivid that I typed it into my phone...

I was working for a client who wanted me to knit a string of roof tiles to glue all over the facings on her house - in a shiny salmon pink yarn. The tiles looked a bit like fortune cookies all linked together. She dragged me into what looked like the kitchen of a hotel where I used to work and she wanted me to clear away all the junk piled up in the corner. I used some kind of hook/ladle thing to drag a wooden kitchen island covered in spiders out. After that I was in the garden showing the builders where all the sockets were when I suddently decided to go for a run with the yarn which was now like a long iridescent bubble/balloon stretching out behind me. When I looked back it sank to the ground and burst and the yarn was no more. I felt bad about wasting it. A doctor of some sort (white coat, stethoscope) told me my running shorts were very flattering and an old lady complimented my running style. I told her that I didn't like runnign but agreed that I seemed to have a flair for it. It felt easy and invigorating. Back in the garden I was thinning out some teasles and a neighbour asked if I ought to be doing that. I explained that it was okay and that there wouldn't be room for them all otherwise. My client was tired and suggested we call it a day but I told her that I just needed to nip to the loo first. The toilet roll was coming out of my mouth and making me very thirsty. When I finally got home, it was to a small grey flat with two rooms and one window overlooking a grey street with more grey flats all around below me. I thought I saw my little brother out in the street but when I checked he was fast asleep in bed, about four years old and wearing boxing gloves.

ascu75 and Zou like this.
  8. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I woke up furious with my husband this morning because I'd just finished dream-demanding a divorce over his arbitrary decision to move us to a hinged-house at the top of the hill because it had three bedrooms. The fact that the house was as flimsy as a flimsy thing, held together with little yellow plastic wing-shaped bolts was only one problem. It was miles from anywhere on a street filled with Turkish pubs and garages. He tried to tell me there was a lake view but it was a big puddle outside a primary school playground where hundreds of noisy kids were bullying each other and the head teacher was a nightmare. (As if I weren't already having a nightmare.) He kept telling me that we couldn't go back because he'd moved a family into our flat to occupy it while it was selling and I was so mad I slammed a door and the new house came unhinged and fell over to one side with him in it.

He's going to have to work pretty hard to sweeten me up after that little lot!

WillieJ and Zou like this.
  9. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Why don't we have ROTFLMAO emoji?

10. John Farrell

John Farrell Well-Known Member

I tell my wife that I'm not responsible for what I do in her dreams...

11. retrofit

retrofit Well-Known Member

I had a dream where I was shopping at the local corner shop, and a guy was walking around totally naked, and nobody but me found it odd, or distracting for that matter. It turns out that In this dreamworld those that get caught shoplifting needed to remove all (and I mean all :eek: ) their clothes before entering. :D (yes, this dream really happened)

12. retrofit

also, why is it so difficult to run in your dreams...

13. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

It's easy in my dreams...however if I don't stop in time the current Mrs S usually suffers:eek:

14. retrofit

what kind of runs we talking here :eek:

15. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Sports of course, mainly football and basketball.

16. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

In my dreams when I run it's very fast and effortless. In my dreams when I cycle it's usually with something broken on the bike. I have no way of knowing why my subconscious does that...

17. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Maybe it rings a bell with something that happened in the dim and distant past? :D

AndyTake2 likes this.
  18. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Not really, although in a dream I have successfully ridden brakeless, but on my fixed gear I have done that in reality so it isn't always 'bad' per se.

19. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I was dreaming about a competition in primitive ways of farming crops. Goodness knows why! I also dream of people I knew at work way back in BA days. It's weird.

20. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

In my dreams I can drive a car (for the record I can't in reality) but I am always aware I haven't passed my test and I am using a car I am not supposed to be using because the owner (usually my dad) doesn't know I can drive and wouldn't be happy if they did. I have quite a few dreams where I am rushing to get the car back to its parking space before I get caught

Zou likes this.