1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

No recollection of the dream itself but I woke up with a strong conviction that it was my birthday today. Two coffees down and I'm finally accepting that it isn't but I was absolutely convinced.

Catriona and Zou like this.
  2. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I must take paper and pen upstairs. I woke thinking I remember the dream. Then I came downstairs and promptly forgot.
    I know it was to do with a three letter code. Wish I could remember the answer! Ha!

Last edited: Apr 5, 2021
    Geren likes this.
  3. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Mine had something to do with an agency similar to the one in the umbrella academy where various pairs of assassins turned up several times to take care of business.

I upset one pair by giving a McDonald's meal (without drink) to some migrant workers as apparently the drink was on the receipt but I didn't receive it or expect it.

Before that an unusual situation at work with too many deliveries arriving at once.

Geren likes this.
  4. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

It was the answer to why (80-age)+40=year of birth?

Catriona likes this.
  5. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Just remembered a crucial detail. Several passer-bys were wearing something like a muzzle, which was in fact a Gruffalo prosthetic jaw thing with big metal teeth. There was a Gruffalo convention taking place, so they wanted to look the part.

6. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

The glide ratio of a 747 is, apparently, 17:1. Eric Moody successfully flew a 747 without power until the engines could be restarted, G-BDXH if you want to look it up.

I have flown a 747-400 simulator and possession of an engineering type rating means I know where to find all the controls and how to use them but I'd rather leave driving to the experts.

7. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

I nicked the line about the gliding capability of a slab of concrete from an Alistair Maclean novel a very long time ago - seems you just cannot trust the veracity of people who wrote fiction for a living.:D

Zou and LesleySM like this.
  8. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

As a supplementary comment, in the event of a 747s engine failure I would rather leave passengering as well as driving to others!!

AndyTake2 likes this.
  9. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

My brother was travelling from Los Angeles to UK on a 747, just after take off all four engines decide to shut down...he said it was the longest 30 seconds or so of his life, particularly as they were swinging around the Pacific Ocean at the time.
    No doubt someone will correct that story by saying you don't fly westward from LAX on take-off
    Any road up the pilot managed to get the engines going and the plane continued on it's merry way.

Geren likes this.
  10. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

I had a rare pleasant dream involving Dave. It was so mundane it could have come out of a sitcom. We went food shopping (that's when I knew it was a dream, the only time I ever took Dave food shopping was when we lived on the Isle of Dogs and the ASDA there had a cafe so I'd dump him in there ("The man creche" he called it) with a coffee and a pie and get on with getting the food on my own then collect him at the end to help carry it home)

He asked me to warm him up some sort of chicken stew on the hotplate so I put it on then a few minutes later I noticed all the bits of (I assume) chicken in it were wrapped up in blue shiny foil and I was apologising for not unwrapping the chicken first and he said that was okay he'd just eat it

Geren likes this.
  11. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

That would be rated as a "Serious Incident", it is also extremely unlikely though a westerly departure from LAX is very possible.
    As a passenger I would be untroubled by a single engine shutdown on a 747 but that may be because I know enough 747 pilots to be confident that they would know what to do and would do it.

12. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I've left it too late in the day to remember most of last night's dream but at one point I was having a raging argument with my husband for opening my Amazon delivery without my consent. He told me I couldn't keep any of the stuff because I'd been too extravagant and my cousin was barking on about the carbon footprint of returning the items. The items in question were a set of hair straighteners with handles that looked like Aga handles and a very delicate, miniature set for a coal fire including a folding fireguard, a dustpan and brush the size of an envelope and a poky stick made of wood.

13. gray1720

gray1720 Well-Known Member

It's been some time since I even recall having dreamed, never mind what about, but a couple of nights ago I was suddenly struck by the realisation that Tony Robinson was dead.

Admittedly I'd been reading his autobiography, and I'm a member of a Time Team fan page on Arsebook (this week we've been to two sites dug by them - though as we only live two miles from one, and they dug a gurt hole in the pub car park, that doesn't really count), but I'm still not sure what brought that on with wake-up-bolt-upright clarity in the middle of the night.

14. Catriona

Catriona Well-Known Member

I only remember the final one. Someone was showing me his payslip, saying how dare they take so much in tax? He had £3.20 net to spend.
    I opened mine and saw £o.oo. The explanation being they had to deduct it all because of the interest I had received in 2019/20. I was rather surprised - then woke up.

15. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I've finally remembered a dream. I was walking my dog and we bumped into the Rev. Kate Bottley. I explained to my dog that she was the vicar off the telly at which point my dog enquired if she was the one out of the Communards.

spinno likes this.
  16. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Wasn't she the Vicar of Dibley?:rolleyes:

17. DaveM399

DaveM399 Well-Known Member

That was Geraldine Granger.

18. ascu75

ascu75 Well-Known Member

Last night I dreamt my parents considered calling me Fimble or Tink instead of Donald. When I woke up I had to google them. One means Love the other is not recognized :D

Zou likes this.
  19. GeoffR

GeoffR Well-Known Member

Tink is Peter Pan's shortening of Tinkerbell

20. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

so long as it wasn't Twink:p

ascu75 likes this.