1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Odd dreams

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Zou, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Ok folks, keep it clean! Two odd ones I recall from earlier this week.

Firstly, getting into a discussion with someone who was (in hindsight) a huge Edith Wharton fan, about how Edith Wharton was so overrated and her books and characters were rubbish.

Secondly, commuting to work via a barge/narrow boat on the canal network.

:confused:

Geren likes this.
  2. Benchista

Benchista Which Tyler

One from the weekend, clearest dream I've had for a while:

I was (for reasons unknown) in Cornwall, and I got a call mid-morning telling me I had to drive to the middle of France to pick up some distant relative (who I had never met before, and who looked like Joan Hickson) from a railway station in the middle of nowhere, and then meet up with the family somewhere in Herefordshire in the afternoon, and for some reason, I made it in comfort and was never anything but calm and confident about it - in fact I was serene throughout. And I'm never serene. ;) I arrived on the platform at the precise moment the train pulled in.

The French railway station looked exactly like Rouen (I've been to plenty of French railway stations in my time, so why this one I don't know) but was in a totally different part of France somewhere near Lyon..

The dream ended without any sort of explanation as to why I had that particular task, who the relative actually was or why they were getting a train to the middle of nowhere in France whilst needing to be in some small unnamed town in Herefordshire.

Geren and Zou like this.
  3. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Stood watching a football match, then being asked to take over coaching. At some point I ended up shouting advice on a free kick, next thing I know, I'm on the pitch contesting a loose ball about to put a two footed tackle in when inches from the other player I stopped and woke up, as I realised I was about to smash into the shins of Mrs S...

John Farrell, Zou and Geren like this.
  4. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I had a VERY odd dream last night whereby I found myself in an Argos like set up for sex toys, most of which I'd never heard of or seen before. For reasons I don't understand I was trying to tell a very fat very naked man that he coudn't hit me with a baseball bat and made a hasty retreat to the carpark where my red convertible was sitting. I insisted that my children and their friends all got in the back and we drove along a very narrow road with a sheer drop down to water on the right. When we eventually parked up the car was now a kind of abandoned train carriage and all the kids were in brownie and guide uniforms and it was my responsibility to keep them safe until we could go home. My youngest was in a guide uniform even though she wasn't old enough and refused to change.

Zou likes this.
  5. dream_police

dream_police Well-Known Member

Nurse! She needs help.

Geren, AndyTake2 and Zou like this.
  6. spinno

spinno Well-Known Member

Is that your recurring dream:rolleyes:?

John Farrell and AndyTake2 like this.
  7. WillieJ

WillieJ Well-Known Member

Well I was lying in a burned out basement with the full moon in my eyes.

John Farrell likes this.
  8. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Yes, but did you dream anything?

9. WillieJ

about a replacement when the sun split through the skies.

Zou and John Farrell like this.
  10. Footloose

Footloose Well-Known Member

Dreaming about things I wished had happened and then watching on as I furiously argue with myself, about these things not being true! I then sling a punch at myself, hitting what turns out to be a mirror which shatters into pieces. At that point I wake up, wondering what the hell that rubbish was all about!

Zou likes this.
  11. Derek W

Derek W Well-Known Member

Well I was standing naked in this Argos store that sold just sex toys.....

12. IvorETower

IvorETower Little Buttercup

Can't say I recall having had a dream for a very long time...... do some of you eat a lot of cheese just before going to bed ??

Catriona likes this.
  13. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

You've probably just not woken up yet... :eek:

ascu75 and SqueamishOssifrage like this.
  14. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

Another weird one. someone asked me for directions to get onto the westbound carriageway of the motorway and I told them that there was a 'knack to it' which involved me having to walk them down by a very tall chainlink fence with barbed wire along the top and point out where there was a gap they could get through 'if they were quick'. We then walked back to their car where an old neighour of mine was doing a terrible job packing up her pop up shop into the boot so I made her take it all out so that I could do the job properly. The bloke who was trying to travel west wasn't impressed that we'd hijacked his car and threatened to throw my epi-pen into the roundabout on the other side of the fence.

Zou likes this.
  15. LesleySM

LesleySM Well-Known Member

Tons I don't have much as a cheese board as a cheese banquet table at the moment I've got everything from those cheese slices for burgers to 20-month matured grana padano riserva dop, basically my fridge contains cheese and a few beers and a pint of milk. Obviously I do love my cheese and it's never given me any bad dreams whatsoever, I even sometimes wake up in the middle of the night feeling peckish and have some cheese

16. WillieJ

Pity Magritte is no longer with us I am sure he could have done something with that.

steveandthedogs, Geren and Zou like this.
  17. Geren

Geren Well-Known Member

I have always had utterly bonkers dreams and they've only got madder with lockdown.

Zou likes this.
  18. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

I rarely remember my dreams.

19. Zou

Zou Well-Known Member

Coward!

20. MJB

MJB Well-Known Member

It's spelt cowherd. ;)

The last dream I remember was a morphine induced nightmare. I was in a cave and people were throwing angry bulls down at me. Sadly due to suffering from PTSD, my dreams are rarely pleasant experiences.

AndyTake2 and Zou like this.